SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Brand new to the site here. I picked up an 07 SMR 510 and have been giving it a complete overhaul. Got her running strong, but there isnt a kickstand on the bike. Tired of leaning it on random walls while im out. Im having trouble finding any information on aftermarket kickstands that were worth the investment. Open to any thoughts!

Also, my bike didnt come with a key or an ignition slot, not very comforting when I leave the Husq outside of a local store. Any recommendations on good aftermarket solutions for the issue?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can wire an inline key into the positive wire off of the battery. This will let you do that. It will isolate all power to the bike. Easy enough to wire around if you know what you're doing though. You can also wire in a proximity Key Kit off of ebay... I've ordered one, haven't installed it yet though. I'll let you know how that goes. Kickstand wise, Trailtech makes an awesome kick stand for the CRF-R's... They replace the whole left foot peg bracket. I'm not sure if they do one for husqvarna's... You would have to take a look online. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Ill look into the proximity key kit and see if i can make it work. Ill post some pictures so that the next lost soul has something to go off of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The easyest way to wire in a key switch is to ground out the coil. Or to wire in a key switch to the cable(s) before the on off button on the handlebars. And the cheapest way to get a key switch is to get one from ebay. You can get them there for 2-5$ with 4 cables. Got 3 of them on some of my bikes. 2 cables to the to the on/off button and 2 cables to ground out the coil. Dont know where you live, but here in Norway the most comen 125cc bike(for 16-18 year old kids) is the Husqvarna wr, smr or sms. And they get partet out all the time. You could get a used side stand for dirt cheap and they fit an the big bore Husqvarna's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts