SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

You are looking at my dream bike going up for sale. I picked this up from the Dealer and went home and took it completely apart. If you have ever seen a “Biker Build-off” episode, that is what this bike went through. Here is a list of hardware and mods done added or performed on the bike:

more pics: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/nratner/2007 Honda SM/

*Complete powder coat for all frame components, linkage, brake calipers and kickstart
*Applied Racing 22mm offset (-2mm from stock) full Triple-Clamp set
*Moto-Master 320mm floating rotor (also custom powder coated red, standard is orange)
*Moto-Master oversized SM caliper (powder coated red from stock orange)
*Magura 190 Radial Master Cylinder Brake Assembly---this thing is a must have for SM
*Steel-braided brake line
*JE 13.5:1 Pro Series High Compression Piston (reinforced for race motors)
Megacycle Cam--This thing is unreal and blows HotCams away (IMO)
*Custom Port and Polish work on head with Kibble White valves
*Applied intake kit
*R&D Carb Bowl with adjustable leak jet--gets rid of all bog and increases bottom end
*Boyeson High-flow water pump
*K&N Air Filter
*CHM Supermoto Specific Exhaust
*Isotropic Surface Finishing for the entire gear box--smooth finish for better shifting and durability
*Complete Hinson Clutch Hub, Basket, disks and Clutch Cover (as seen on pic)
*STM Slipper Clutch
*JD Ignition Box (programmed SM i.e. over rev and lots of power!)
*Works Connection Elite Perch Clutch Lever with Hot Start
*Excel Takasago Rims, Buchanan Spokes, and Talon Hubs (anodized black and red)
**Front-->16.5” and Rear is 5” wide by 17” and TUBELESS
**Bridgestone Medium compound tires with one race weekend
*DID Gold Chain
*Rear “Rabid” axle slider and spacer
*Front Rhino axle sliders
*Custom fluid catch system for the track
*Everything is safety wired
*Works Connection dress up kit
*Aftermarket 1.6 Radiator Cap (stock is 1.1)
*Aftermarket Step-Seat
*Cycra Air-Flow Plastic Kit (fenders and shrouds)
*Cycra crash guards
*Works Connection Radiator Braces and Frame Guards

Countless hours of testing and modifying suspension, engine tuning, etc.. This bike will clear a 50ft table, hit whoops, and back-in to a 90mph turn... In CA we have a huge variation in tracks from the big Stateline SM dirt to the parking lot style at Fontana and don’t forget the gnarly high speeds of Horse Thief.

I have a 17” front Excel Takasago with Red Talon hub that matches the bike (for tracks where a 17” is better or for street riding).

I will also throw in a pair of 36” TLD Supermoto Pants and a Large TLD SM Speed Jacket for protection.

I also have several front and rear “take-offs” that can go with the bike so you can start practicing right away.

My goal with this bike was to build the most dependable, yet fastest race bike I could and I could not have done anything more. I only practiced a few times and ran the bike for about a season and a half in the STTARS series and AMA ProAm events. Unfortunately, the bike has just been sitting for almost a year and I don’t really race SM anymore. I can’t stand to see it sitting in the garage anymore and it needs to go to a good home where someone will take it out and open it up!

You can get a good idea of HP from all of the mods, and I can tell you first hand that down the straight, it will keep up with almost any AMA “pro-built” bike. My mechanic and I worked the whole plan out for this bike and scheduled maintenance and the only problem I ever had was a hot start issue.

Although I love this bike, it needs to find a new home. I am willing to look at trades but am only looking for something as beautiful as this...An example would be a Ducati Hypermotard “S” model or something of that nature. Maybe a Super Duke or maybe you have a decent Harley that needs someone to finish it out...

I am asking $6,800.00 for this bike and I can tell you from the receipts that I have, I put well over $15K into this bike...This bike is the real deal. If you want to have the fastest bike and no more excuses for losing at your regional events, this is the bike for you...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't believe no one is even remotely interested in this bike...

More specifics:

7 front and 3 spares included in the deal
1 rain tire with 4 laps on it...literally
Spare rim has a BRAND NEW Michelin SM tire

Really, all this for $6800 and not even a nibble? I really don't know what else would make this deal better... Is anyone into this at all? I haven't even gotten the standard R6 offer...sheesh. :headshake:headscrat

·
Registered
250 Posts
Haha, how about a gixxer offer :D

Sweet ride though, if I could find someone to buy my Husky, I would be all over this thing.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
free bump....sweet bike:thumbup:....bad economy:bs:

what type of title? streetable?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the gixxer offer...at least I feel better now :D

The bike has a clean CA title but it is only off-road. In CA, we can't plate anything newer than 2004 without any act from above.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if i wasnt already building my 08 450r from scratch, i would buy this thing....
how about a 929/954 trade (with some cash on my part) lol....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i wasnt already building my 08 450r from scratch, i would buy this thing....
how about a 929/954 trade (with some cash on my part) lol....
Looking for something a little newer and with a slipper preferably. If I traded, I would like to have a street bike that I can take to the track and I would definitely want a slipper... That's why I like the Hypermotard or SuperDuke or something like that... but I'm open and always interested.

Why spend all that money on an 08 when I did everything already for you! :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't heard much from anyone about interest in the bike. Parting out the SM stuff may be an option but I don't really know if anyone is interested. The bike is set up to run SM (or GPs) so I hate to tear it apart and sell it without all the goodies. Make me an offer, or if you don't want all the extra stuff like tires, extra rim, etc... we can deal.

Let me know.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bump for great guy and Fast bike.

If it doesn't get sold, I expect to see you back on the STTARS series!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still for sale!

If you are thinking about a new bike for the coming race season, look no further!

Let me know.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Price reduction to $6300.00

HEY EVERYONE! I have to sell this thing. I can't just let it sit in my garage as it is killing me! I am willing to look at all offers and I KNOW the race season is coming up and you are tired of getting smoked on that old 2003 KTM! :rofl:

Please let me know if you are interested. I am willing to trade for a Polaris Razor or something like that. You can keep your beer can collection though...

:D

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Interested in parting out? I might be interested in the wheelset with front brake setup...let me know

·
Registered
404 Posts
sorry to see ya let it go ! thats 1 less kern county supermoto rider, good luck with the sale:thumbup:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interested in parting out? I might be interested in the wheelset with front brake setup...let me know
I am willing to take an offer at this point. PM me what you are willing to offer for the wheel set, rotors front and back, and front caliper with Magura front brake handle. If it's a decent offer, I will throw in the extra 17" front wheel (excel takasago and talon lightweight hub) with brand new 17" michelin SM tire. I will also throw in several take offs as well.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry to see ya let it go ! thats 1 less kern county supermoto rider, good luck with the sale:thumbup:
Yeah, I definitely miss SM, but I've been spending most of my time with motocross and can't afford to just let a 20K bike sit there all year. I might buy a set up down the road to have "just in case." :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
im interested. My bike is almost sold. Any suggestions on getting to New England....ill do some research and get back to you.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im interested. My bike is almost sold. Any suggestions on getting to New England....ill do some research and get back to you.
PM Sent...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still for sale...Race season is almost here...:headscrat

I'm about ready to part everything out, so you only have a little time left before I start tearing everything off.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts