SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I have, for sale, a 2007 Aprilia SXV 4.5 that I picked up for $4950 about a month ago.
It currently has 448 miles on it but that is subject to change as I still ride it when I can.
It was purchased new in Dec of 2010 and is in like new condition.

I was torn between an RC51 and a supermoto when I got it and have already decided to go with an RC. I have taken it through Deals Gap 1 time and WOW! It is by far the funnest bike I have ever been on there but just dont get to go that much and would use an RC more. I am going to take a loss on this and let it go for $4500.

It was pressure tested at the factory prior to sale and has had all derestrictions and mapping completed. 1st service was done at 165 miles. It runs great and there are no issues with it I am just looking for something different.

Bike is registered and tagged in TN and I have clean clear title in hand.

Bike is located in Seymour TN between Knoxville and Pigeon Forge.

I can be reached at 865-773-5080 ask for Tony. Thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ugh! I have one of these, and I've grown to hate this question!
A) it doesn't mean the engine will fail
B) the factory used a good, known sealant that was orange!
C) black orange and red were used..... Any of the 3 can be good.

Sorry..... Just hate to see these things get shot down all the time for simply the color of the sealant. Their truly awesome machines. Nothing, honestly, compares in the supermoto world.

Good luck:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has the orange sealant and was pressure tested by Aprilia before it was sold.
Aprilia pressure tested the bikes that were still there and the ones that failed were resealed. The ones that passed didnt have the bad sealant.

I ran into a guy at the dragon the last time I was there who had 5K miles on his and in his words "All HARD-ASS miles". I looked down and I'll be darned Orange sealant!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am planning on putting some miles on this thing this weekend. If anybody is considering it you may want to get on it before I change my mind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2005 RC51 with 95% of all the correct mods (I did not do the PAIR mod nor the soft rev mod). I LOVE this bike and am on the fence about selling or trading her at all. But... try as I might I'm also having a hard time justifying two bikes in the garage and I REALLY want a Sumo. I had my heart set on a 690 SMC and don't know much at all about the Aprilias. So I have some research to do. Meanwhile, you could highlight some of the pros and cons Vs. the KTM. To top it off, I don't think this would be an even trade as KBB = $6000 and I have plenty of upgrades (Sato rearsets and high-mount titanium Banzai slip-ons, Magical Racing carbon fiber hugger, Galfer Superbike brake lines and rear brake line and clutch line to name a few). Anyway, I'm thinking...

·
Registered
76 Posts
100% new to Aprillia's but is it electric start? Im located in NC and looking to sell my 07 DRZ 400 with a 440 Athena kit on it with a bunch of other junk done to it. Really dirty pics of it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What is the power like compared to a CRF, YFZ, or RMZ 450 supermoto? The reason i want a diff bike is bc i want the power of the 450's. What is the top speed? What is the maintenance like for these bikes?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts