SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to sell my 560. I freshened it up over the winter and haven't had a chance to ride as I've been so busy and I don't foresee the situation changing this year. I figured I'd sell it to free up some space in the garage and get a new one next season (if they release one!)

I rebuilt the motor over the winter after about 30 hours of track day use. The crank was trued and welded so it should last a long time until the next rebuild. During the motor rebuild I put in new main bearings, gaskets, OEM piston, cylinder refinished by millennium, rings, wrist pin, etc... Since the rebuild I've heat cycled the motor a few times, but not ridden it at a track day so it is completely ready to go. All tolerances were set to spec.

At the same time I completely cleaned every nook and cranny, added new brake pads to the front, bought (but didn't install) rear wheel spacers so chain won't rub on tire, drilled carbon fiber airbox cover, new oil, filters and screens.

Extras that are included with the bike include:
front axle sliders
rear axle sliders
handguards with sliders
excel wheels with talon hubs
new tail plastic (installed)
new side plastics (in package still)
carbon front fender
carbon airbox sides
carbon fork protectors
carbon exhaust guard
jd jetting kit

More photos available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/desmoworks/sets/72157601611747321/with/2629271715/

Asking $5250, can ship but you must arrange. email me anthony (at) desmoworks.com

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bike will be at New Castle today for a shake down ride since the motor was finished. I've heat cycled it a few times so it should be broken in already. Come see it if you're local.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a for sale thread for the bike, not the clutch. As I told you in a PM I will not be selling the clutch until the bike sells.

·
Banned
185 Posts
PS... what is the title situation... street legal? Able to be street legal ?

Thanks ...

I regretfully have one for sale as well, one of the best bikes I have ever owned. Wish I could keep it! Im holding firm at 6k for mine. Yours is a DEAL!:thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These bikes are easy to title as they don't say "for off road use only" or anything like that. I've got 2 friends with the same bike that have it titled for street. There is a lot of info on this site about it though - this has been a popular bike to turn into a street bike. It probably also depends on the state and county your are titling it in.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still available... the plan has changed a bit; now I'd like to get a 450 to turn into a super single to race WERA with. I have a way to get a new 450 so probably not interested in a trade, but who knows. KTM only though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
how much do you think to 11724?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts