SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have a 2006 DRZ with the Athena big bore, Keihin carb, and some other goodies. I had an issue last week where my ride to and from work the bike was bogging, barely idling, and dying any chance I let off the gas. So I changed the plug, and it didn't help. We figured it was carb, so brought it over to a very experienced friends place to have him work on it. He's changed the jet, as it was popping a bit much before I had issues. He's noticed a hose coming from the intake side of the motor near the carb dangling, about a three inch hose. I am unsure where it goes to, but he thinks it's the vaccuum line that connects to the petcock ( I think that's what he said). When he plugs or connects the hose to the spot he believes it's from, it runs like a top, when disconnected, it runs horribly.
Just hoping to see if anyone else has this same set up or will know if this hose infact goes to where we're assuming.
Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeah its a vacuum petcock, so with out it your not gettting any fuel. It just runs from the small nipple on the back of the petcock, to the little nipple that should be sticking out of the head.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kyle, helps to confirm my friends assumption. He was out on it tonight after connecting it and putting everything back together and it sounds like it's running as strong as ever.
:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts