SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my 2005 KTM 525SX that I bought new in May of 2006. Well taken care of, and maintenanced regularly. The frame and swingarm have been professionally powdercoated black. Supermoto setup includes KTM hard parts SMR wheels (3.5 x 17 front and 5 x 17 rear), Beringer 4 piston KTM caliper, 310mm floating SMR front rotor, SMR fuel catchcan, JD Jetkit, and Boyesen Powershot accelerator pump cover. This is a very capable Supermoto race bike and it runs very strong. Located in Beaverton, OR.

$3999 obo

View attachment 45206

View attachment 45207

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was actually looking at getting a 525sx of a local seller (I'm in PA). I'm gonna use it on the street and was wondering how they do keeping up with traffic and what's the top speed considering they only have 4 gears. Is it necessary to add the 5th and 6th gear to make it managable on the road...just curious thanks. How fast have you had yours?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great lookin' bike by the way. If you were located closer I would be all over that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only ridden this bike on the track, so I cant comment on street manners. I know that with the 15/45 gearing I have, it is good for probably 75-80mph at the rev limiter in 4th which is all I need for the local tracks.

I was planning on making it street lagal and that is why I bought all the six speed parts, but that plan fell through when I bought a new race bike.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All parts including gaskets runs right around $300 depending on the dealer you go through.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price drop for SMJ members...$3700 as it sits in the pictures, or $3900 with the 6 speed parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts