SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 KTM 450 SMR

$4000 or best offer- no trades.

This bike is like new. Roadraced gently by novice class rider. Supermoto once as well and only in dirt that one time. Owned by a race team technician and former aircraft mechanic. I am only selling because I found out we are expecting a child!

Has only about 55 hours. Oil changed after every weekend of riding. Scotts stainless filters. FMF full pipe and jetted for. Tires are Michelin Supermoto Slicks. Front has one weekend on it and rear has three. New DID Gold Series chain, PBI front and rear sprockets. Drilled and safety wired. Custom aluminum diamond plate belly pan legal for WERA and CCS roadracing. Crankcase breather rerouted to seperate catch can. Stock carb overflow catch still in use. Bike is bone stock save for the pipe. Crashed once with only damage to my leather suit and right hand handguard in a lowside on pavement.

Delivery is available within 800 miles of Phoenix for the cost of my gas. Or shipping via Forwardair.com for around $600 to just about anywhere in the country.

Can be made street legal before shipping for extra cost of parts and labor. Price varies depending on your local laws and personal desires. Bike has a clean title and is ready to go. Hate to see it leave- but I will be back again!

Easiest way to get more info is to call me at 623-521-2461. Ask for Cory!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW- I had some questions on this and was asked if this is a dealer sale. It is not. The pictures are taken in the shop I work for and store the bike at. This is a private sale so price is negotiable. No reasonable offer refused!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Nice bike at a good price! GL with the sale, and congrats on the baby!

What's that black clip thingy on the rear fender?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on your local laws, your intended purpose and what you want- could be $100 to $1000!

Here I have made CR500's legal with an Acerbis headlight, tailight, hyd sw on rear brake, bulb horn off a kids bike and a bicycle mirror smaller than my wife's compact all powered by a Zuma scooter battery so it was a total loss system. Now he only used the street tags to link trail legally- so night use was not his goal. No turn signals required here either!

For a more streetable bike- Moose Racing or Electrosport sell a stator for it that will charge a battery. You would need an EXC stator cover to clear the extra size (great excuse to get a billet one!) and Baja Designs sells kits that meet DOT standards and include a harness, all lights, horn etc.

I can make this legal for your state (go to dmv.org to find your law) for the price of the parts and the labor to install them (I run a shop in Phx) if that would be your desire. Anyone serious about having it street legalized before shipment (and by serious I mean you are buying the bike) I would get you a detailed quote.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price drop to $3800 obo.

Really want to sell- so contact me!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, but while I would love another offroad bike- Can't do right now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts