SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my 2005 crf250x yesterday. Took the rims off and got some temporary street rubbers on them. (until I can afford a good set of 17" wheels I'm rockin the stock rim sizes.) Blinkers and rear fender to hold the lic plate are in the mail. Will post more pics of install. Any advice on the width of rear rim? 4.25 or 5? As far as rubber width goes, what is the max a stock 250x swingarm can handle with no rubbing? I read through some of the forums here and people say 160 rubs juuuust a little. Therefore a 150 should be just right for no rubbing correct? Just seeking affirmation from experienced members.

Updated with pictures! woo!

Pictures

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new to you bike, and welcome to the Honda X club!

150 width on a 4.5" rear wheel would be my recommendation.

WE WANT PICS! :bannana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
updated with pictures finally

I think I finally got the picture thing to work. Just bought it on sunday (9/16/12) and plan on getting 17's and exhaust. First things first I have to install the necessary lights so the CA DMV will bless it as street legal. Fingers crossed I dont forget anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right direction

150 width on a 4.5" rear wheel would be my recommendation.
I did a little more research and can confirm you are sending me in the right direction haha.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a crf 250x and im running a 150 pirelli on a 4.25 rim with plenty of clearance between the chain and tyre. I was running a 150 bridgestone before and the chain used to eat it.

Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts