SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's a little update for you guys-

I got the headlight mounted. Everything is almost all mounted. Need to get dot tires.
And the best news of them all.....drum roll she's plated!
I'll post pictures soon of all I've done
Also found a fan for it that works amazing.
Awesome dude! keen to see this one done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Alrighty here's a update
I'll jump to catch up then I'll explain the progress.
I took it on the road, completely dirt trim gearing, tires etc.
As expected it did alright. Tops out about 45 then relines. Dirt tires on road not my thing.
Going to in a few weeks order some 17" sumo wheels and tires. Same size tires as the other forum of someone using blue wheels. I mentioned it in my first post.

Ok so now you're all caught up here's some details.
Made a cage like holder for the headlight. I switched to led. Finished all the wiring and just really been testing. Havnt been rushing it since it's still super cold here. But here's some pics I took. I'm thinking I'm going to paint the bare metal a red instead of black. Not sure yet. Don't mind the wire mess. I did mount the horn behind the light. Really happy about that.
Thanks for all the support and feedback can't wait to ride full sumo. I will be recording it and sharing. But that's not for a few weeks so hang in there. Very soon my friends.
IMG_20200223_155607.jpg
IMG_20200223_170540.jpg
IMG_20200223_132958.jpg
IMG_20200223_133005.jpg
IMG_20200223_161144.jpg
IMG_20200223_170828.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Guys here's a update.
Waiting on wheels and tires. Not sure when they will be here, but no rush right now as we're on lockdown and it's only 45°f as a high. I got a different mirror. I like it better then my homemade version. I got this driven oversize front brake kit for like $65 usa. Slightly used. I got the sprokets front and rear. I was going to go with a 14t front but they accidentally sent a 13t. No big deal. Cuz I went with a 39 rear. Got both new cuz I'ma get a new chain as well. I got this fuel mixture adjustment screw, gotta figure out how to tune it. I will order a hole new carb rebuild. Not that it needs it but it hasn't been done since like 2014. So might as well. Pretty soon with be taking the bike apart and painting the mounts and brackets I made. Finish up the wiring and mounting the other fan....maybe on a different switch. I got these fans on Amazon. Don't really have many specs but they move some air. Plenty to be running two on this bike...well I will have to find out in the summer. Goal is to ride the cb300f to work and home every day this summer as much as possible then once home take the crf out for the joy rides. I will update in a week or so once I paint and or order more for her. Thanks for the excitement. I'm excited to get her done.
IMG_20200329_140113.jpg
IMG_20200329_140148.jpg IMG_20200329_140134.jpg IMG_20200329_140054.jpg IMG_20200329_140036.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Alrighty guys here's a another update. Havnt done much besides order wheels tires, supplies to make it tubeless, and made a dash. The vapor is amazing but it was missing turn signal lights...maybe I'm just picky haha. I ordered up these toggle switchs and indicator kit. Super cheep...as everything on this bike.
And yes. I did get turn signal relays just for the indicator lights. The turn signals them self's flash... something with the LEDs and the board.
I ordered a new brake rotor and chain for the rear so I can easily swap between then sm and dirt wheels if I decide to.
Can't wait to work on her next week.
Possibility ride the week after that. Still pretty cold here, great time to work.
Here's a pic of the dash. I'm ditching the key switch and having the toggle for the main power. Green light is main power indicator light. Blue is fan and the other switch is fan switch. My goal is the whole front assembly be able to be removed and the whole harness removed and remade or fixed or something if something happens.
Any questions ask away

-Zach

IMG_20200409_210259_01.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I present my first supermoto

IMG_20200414_194237.jpg
IMG_20200414_194247.jpg IMG_20200414_194312.jpg

She isn't perfect. Isn't done but in the 10miles I rode her, all I gotta say is look out she will be seeing some miles this summer.
Taking more pics and vids tonight for you guys. I have pictures of the wheels before they were mounted with the tires. I went tubeless on them. Originally wasn't going to but changed my mind.

Yes. If you look carefully you will see that the chain went really lose haha. No big deal. Also....need a kick stand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That's awesome! It looks so damned good! Glad it cleaned up so well.
Hey man thanks! I'm excited to ride it more. So far the longest ride is about a hour and 20ish miles. It's a really fun bike. Thinking I'm going to test some gearing more but right now she's a ripper and a bunch of fun.
Currently is 13/39.
Imo it's to high of revs cruising at like 50mph in 5th. Going to go up a gear or two in the front and see what it does.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here's a little update-
Bike is a bunch of fun. Been riding it more than my other bike.
I have around I wanna say 500miles on it.
After rebuilding the carb it fires right up and runs great.
I kept the 13/39 gearing. Rpms at 55mph are about 8k. Tops out around 75mph.
The last few times I've rode it it's been raining. It handles decent. Have to be very very careful of course.
I ended up getting a throttle tamer for it..let me just say it was worth it. No more on off feel while cruising.
I've done both city and county riding. By far is a blast riding it anywhere, except the highway.

I havnt had to run the fans yet. Highest it got was 200f other wise stays 130-150 while cruising around 30-50mph.

I have more work to do to the bike this winter. Alot of little things that I noticed I'd like to do different.

If you look back at the older pics compared to now you will see I changed my mirrors I have a love hate for them but it's definitely nice seeing behind me.

For those worried about the battery...it's been lasting the last 300 miles and I think it's got another tank worth in it.

I plan on in the next few weeks, before it gets to cold, to get some footage for youtube and get you guys a video. Until then here she is after some milage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's absolutely awesome. I'm glad it's been giving you a win. Eventually, you'll wanna sort out a stator for it that can power lights. But if the battery is lasting you, that's perfect. Glad to see you're happy.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts