SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2004 WR450f last year. Was fully street legal when purchased. When purchased the parts on it are Gyt-r pipe and excel rims and talon hubs 21" front 19" rear.

Going to keep the excels for off road use only. Now wanting to purchase supermoto wheels and tires over the winter.

Suspension work is going to be done in the next month. Getting specs for the suspension, then see what springs i need and valving. Setting it up for intermediate outdoor mx.

Motor work to commense this winter. Has Powernow and Gyt-r pipe now. Going to by YZ throttle stop soon. Then lighten flywheel. Full Exhaust system. Cams at least exhaust and maybe intake. Valve springs. Big bore 480. port and polish head. Jet carb.

The biggest thing is finding deals on supermoto wheels. The rest I have major hook-ups. If you know where to find good deals on wheels please let me know.

Thanks Coby.

Ill post some pics soon.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
a few suggestions as i have an 05 YZ' and it sounds like a nice setup you'll endup with.

But from personal experience I would suggest opting for some kind of cush hub setup like rad for the spokes or a cbr conversion or even the kush sprocket.

And i would personally leave the weight on the flywheel for the street if anything add a few ounces. It will even out the power delivery and harshness of the thumper to the trans and gears chain the whole driveline. I have the E-line external stator which adds almost 12oz i believe and it helps a little but i am sans cush drive as well so it helps but i think the cush would work even better in conjunction with the extra flywheel weight.

I think youll see youll get that rpm snap back from the mods you listed as well as the gray wire mod for the WR's you should look into it or even an ignition box of sorts to take full advantage of the BB kit.

post some pics sounds like itll be a sweet bike even before the motor mods. really gets me thinking when its time for a new piston i may convince myself to go BB or even high comp and see where it goes from there... but im really interested in the difference of the port and polish will make on these small bikes.

good luck post pics.
z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts