SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many states consider this a moped, and so no motorcycle license required.

However, this bike is equipped with a metrakit 80cc big bore kit and a bigger carb along with a metrakit expansion chamber. If I kept it I would remove the modified air box and put a pod filter on it due to a bit of a lean spot in the mid range revs. I will include the pod air filter I have for it. The previous owner guessed about 6 hours on the top end, I have added about 4 to that. Starts first kick every time. This bike is a unicorn and you will not see many of them, it is very rare for the USA. 6 speed trans, street legal, I have it set up for premix but I also have the oil pump if you want to put that back on. Fresh tires, always garaged, titled in the state of Georgia.

Cash only, I am not interested in trades. I might be willing to truck the bike somewhere nearby if we negotiate that into the deal.

I would not consider myself a motivated seller, (Wife says the stable is full), so ridiculous lowballers might want to save themselves the energy.

Text me for additional information and pictures. 404-386-2432

-Hunter

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HD Video

Like a bicycle with a motor, so sayeth the mighty wiki...
"The name Derbi is an acknowledgement of the company's history and is an acronym for DERivats de BIcicletes (derivatives of bicycles)."*

*Walker, Mick (1986). Spanish Post-war Road and Racing Motorcycles. London: Osprey Publishing Ltd. ISBN 0-85045-705-X.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top Ten Reason's YOU should buy this Senda DRD

1. If you have a child who is turning 15 in the next few years you can guarantee this will make him the coolest kid in school, (and maybe even a parent by 16).

2. Zombie Apocalypse, (AKA angry poor people), this thing takes the whole "stamina" concern out of the equation.

3. Speaking of Zombie Apocalype, a high compression two stroke motor can be jetted to run on switchgrass fuel or golden grain alcohol, etc. Just don't crash, but if you do crash the gas tank is plastic so 50/50 odds there, (see if your buddy's RD350 can do that).

4. No tag, and no Insurance required in most states. See we just cut your operating costs in half.

5. Speaking of operating costs this thing gets such good MPG that it will make your neighbor's hybrid hide in shame.

6. Two words, Kart Track. Go show those drum brake equipped XR100's what you're smoking.

7. What are you smoking? A STREET LEGAL two stroke that's only been fed the finest in premium gas and synthetic oil.

8. Topping out at 72 MPH, (disclosure=downhill/full tuck) means you're less likely to kill yourself, plus the Marchozzi forks mean it can actually handle the weight of a grown man at those modest yet incredible speeds.

9. Comes with new in the box Galfer brake pads, front and rear. Not that you'll actually ever want to stop.

10. It's moto-exotica that nobody else has. Pull up at bike night with nothing to prove and everything to explain. "Hey man what kind of KTM is that?" Tell them it's a MotoGP bred Derbi and hand them the 2004 Derbi catalog that comes with it so they can school themselves while you go grab a beer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sunday Bump...

I'm taking this bike to the True Grits 50cc fun run at the end of the month to sell it there......so last chance at a rare bike for the next few weeks.

Who knows what I will sell it for there, but if you wanted to make a reasonable offer in the meantime feel free. I've owned plenty of two strokes and supermoto bikes (SXV550, RS125, RX50, SMR510, XT600 on 17's, 690 Duke) and this is by far the most fun I've ever had on two wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts