SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the sm game. just looking for a few tips. just picked up the bike, wondering if I should be doing this stator mod? floating the ground? and when I use the front breaks the headlight dims down maga. so its drawing power? any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
new to the sm game. just looking for a few tips. just picked up the bike, wondering if I should be doing this stator mod? floating the ground? and when I use the front breaks the headlight dims down maga. so its drawing power? any help would be great thanks!

hey,
first check all the wires and charge the battery.
then check stator output

mine had issue with stator so I did upgrade to Treiltech as OEM has some lack of power anyway

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey,
first check all the wires and charge the battery.
then check stator output

mine had issue with stator so I did upgrade to Treiltech as OEM has some lack of power anyway
okay so does anything have to be done to the stator to make it street legal or just install and it will power the lights and blinkers?

·
Registered
75 Posts
you have SX model or EXC? as stators for those two are different (as well all wiring)
Title of thread says EXC. I have a 2005 525 EXC that I ended up installing the Trailtech Stator in. I also bought all the OEM harnesses (including main harness) for the European model to make it street legal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Title of thread says EXC. I have a 2005 525 EXC that I ended up installing the Trailtech Stator in. I also bought all the OEM harnesses (including main harness) for the European model to make it street legal.
okay perfect man ill order one of those stators. happen to remember where u rodered the harness from?

·
Registered
75 Posts
okay perfect man ill order one of those stators. happen to remember where u rodered the harness from?
I ordered pretty much all the wiring from AOMC.MX

Another option I think you may have (and I realized this after I ordered everything) is to check out the wiring harness for 2007 450 EXC. I think this is the model that came into the US street legal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts