SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I just dumped a four stroke and entered the world of 2strokes - got it @ a fire sale price but im concerned either something didn't work right or maybe I was ringing it out too hard as I got a real soft seize of the engine @ the end of riding yesterday (good thing I work and 2strokes are cheap to rebuild)

Anyway while im sure im into a new top end @ least I wanted to ask you guys your opinions on riding technique and how long you can safely operate the bike without the fear of overheating.

Description of the riding yesterday : about 34miles of fireroad, broken into 3 segments : 7miles pretty easy then a 10min water break (was real hard to start) , 10miles really "on it" - 15min water break - 17miles "on it hard" - last 1mile is where it happened - was actually in a slow section and not even really on the gas at all (there are hikers in this area of the trail sometimes and i like to be courteous and not a dangerous ahole) and i was putting along in 2nd and it just kinda bogged out like i left the petcock off

kickstarter is stuck and when in gear I cant get the wheel to move - so i figure topend and probably crank

Anyway - if you guys could comment on the amount of riding / what may have caused the conditions for the seize id really appreciate it - if this bike isn't made to run 40+miles of trail in a day and "thats your problem there" then please share that info as well - worse case scenario i fix her and sell her

thanks in advances

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Too hot maybe? What's the fuel/oil ratio you're running and jetting? I'm assuming you checked all the fluids and stuff.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah transfluid n coolant all full - trans looked a little old but there was plenty of it - no coolant leaks / gasket draining during ride (checked at each water break)

Fuel was fresh chevron techron 91 w/ a 1:30 yamalube ratio

After second water break she only started when I gave her gas mid kick - too lean ?

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't had the chance just yet hoping to open her up this evening after work

Will post pics once cause is found

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seized rod. :headshake guess its ebay partout time! :laughingr

Whats getting parted (in case anyone is interested ) :

Like new black Excel rearwheel + brake rotor (good condition) + hub + tire

Good condition front wheel (tire / rotor/ etc.. )

Good to Great condition radiator left and right side - no deformities

Good condition forks

good condition wiring harness

good condition gas tank

fair condition fairings

good condition renthal bars

carb

etc...

Hoping to get close to what I paid into the bike out of it

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Bump for Foster.
We recently picked up a 1995 kx 125 for Kade.
Looking for some Kx tips and advice.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Bump for Foster.
We recently picked up a 1995 kx 125 for Kade.
Looking for some Kx tips and advice.
So I posted in the barter thread but I will ask here as well.
Has anyone ever owned a 1995 era KX 125 and have any spare parts that you want to get rid of?

We picked this one up for our 13 year old sone Kade a few weeks ago and it needs some repairs like most 20 year old bikes need.

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts