SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread to keep track of my build that will be going on for the next couple of months. I will probably have lots of questions and run into several problems. I would love any tips or advice that any of you have to offer. I will be taking the bike apart, powder coating the frame and swing arm, and then putting it back together with the newer plastics. This is going to be a long process, but hopefully it will be done by the time it is warm enough to ride.

Here is the bike just before I got it in dirt trim:

Here it is how I bought it up with supermoto wheels/tires:

Currently the bike is in the beginning stages of the tear-down process:

·
Registered
593 Posts
this project is going to be stupid, send me your bike and forget about it. i want to do one of these soo bad cant wait to see how it turns out. good luck have fun

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Yeah Buddy:thumbup: Gonna be sweet! Hit me up when she's done. We'll get out and ride:arsenal

·
Registered
879 Posts
get new style frontend, those old forks flex really bad on sm duty. also triples bend soooooooo easy. new one are much stronger. and by new i mean 48mm forks and cnc triples.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So you must be the guy who owns the only other 380 in the US! LOL...Looks good...I have a brand new in the box Rekluse Auto Clutch for this bike if you are interested....

Hey motopilot...would probably sell mine..not sure just yet though...will keep you posted.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just putting the newer rear end sub frame and plastics makes these look a whole lot better, I did this on my 380sx supermoto and it looked great. same for the tank etc but I see you already have those, good work !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yea I am really looking forward to being able to take the finished product out and cruise with some of you local guys.

I will probably keep the stock front end for now because it will basically just be a hooligan machine for around town.

JRSArrow: haha yea basically. . . .how much for the clutch? I probably dont want to drop that much coin, but my as well ask.

SH500AF: Yea I totally agree. . . .if I had not known that you can easily switch to the newer plastics/sub frame I never would have bought this bike. I hate the way it looked when I got it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Looking good. The 300 is a beast, i cant even imagine a 380

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thats what I want as my next bike, that or the 300. (prefer the 380 though) Just have to sell my 05 525 then I can start looking.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
That's awesome. I bet it'll have a never ending grin factor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not much progrss since the last post,but I am planning to get some done tomorrow. This is going to be a slow build since I am splitting all my free time between this and studying for the GMAT. Unfortunately I have been somewhat responsible and spent more time studying lol.

Palmer: How far away from Annapolis are you? It would be so much fun to take 2 loud 2t sumos downtown Annapolis.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts