SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm building a sumo Honda CR125R for squidding around and hitting the local kart track and have a few questions...

I'm getting the starter kit from epic motosports and don't know what gear size to get and if I would need to change the front sprocket also in the process.

also I would like to get a pro taper bar but really don't know which bend to get, I dont like tall handlebars but dont know how do they differ from the stock one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
dont buy any gearing until you get a chance to ride the track! once you know what you want for a given track (longer or shorter gears) you can get it geared correctly.

you lean a SM bike over so far that higher rise bars allow for more leg clearance. If you are short then you can get away with lower bars.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
it all depends on what you like! I don't like much sweep in my bars I run the ricky carmichael pro tapers on all my dirt bikes. I am short 5'7" (about the same size as the GOAT) so I use pretty low bend bars with out problems even with the foot peg dragging and the bar end less than a foot off the deck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts