SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was riding home yesterday afternoon and as i was coming up my street i had to slow down for a stop sign and notice that a guy was having a yard sale and out of the corner of my eye i spot this little crf50f with training wheels propping up his yard sale sign and it looked immaculate, i thought it wasn't worth stopping as it would be expensive.. but i
just couldnt ride by so on goes the rear brake and i spin around and stop to see how much... the owner took ages to show up and i almost left but as i put my helmet on he showed up and said he'd paid 900 for it and wanted half for it as he "needed the money" oooooh big mistake lol
so i say hold it and i went home to get cash and to prepare the wife for the imminent arrival :lol:
get down there and wave 350 under his nose and he didnt like it but he took it and i chucked it in the car and took it home... this thing is an 04 with less than 4 hours on it and still looks new!
when my daughter saw it she was ecstatic and just went crazy over it
heres some pics
hers how i first saw it

heres her reactions

holding her new bike keys!

daddy and daughters shots :)

washed it and checked it over today and its seriously like new... im stoked that i got such an awesome deal!:bannana::bannana::bannana:

oh btw.. it also has a big gun exhaust on it too :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:clap: lmao she looks so happy, congrats on the bike. were going to have a new future mx star! woohoo
haha thanks dude!!! mx star, sumo star or maybe just a plain thugging hooligan! :arsenal

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great score. Can never start too young!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Congrats man! You stole that thing!

·
Registered
913 Posts
nice bike..........:thumbup:
me and a few friends always talk about letting children ride.......its one of the few things that keeps them away from the mind rotting crap thats around now(tv, xbox and playstation, facebook etc.).......imo it will give a few individuals of a future generation, some hope of being more human.
that's a life decision you made for your daughter:thumbup:

however, when she gets older, she wont be very happy about u posting pics of her on the internet, without pants:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice bike..........:thumbup:
me and a few friends always talk about letting children ride.......its one of the few things that keeps them away from the mind rotting crap thats around now(tv, xbox and playstation, facebook etc.).......imo it will give a few individuals of a future generation, some hope of being more human.
that's a life decision you made for your daughter:thumbup:

however, when she gets older, she wont be very happy about u posting pics of her on the internet, without pants:lol::lol::lol:
i couldnt agree more with that dude... although i do love a few bouts of mortal kombat with my daughter haha
but ya.. i want her to be an outside child and she will have every option to be outside
hopefully she takes to it and enjoys it, and i think 2 1/2-3 is a pretty good age to start her off.. i just gotta find some gear her size :hmmm::headscrat

and dont worry shes wearing a bathing suit so its acceptable :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
oh man I can't wait..... My daughter is only a year and a half...... but god she loves bikes already, ecpecially daddy's tard!! :rofl:

i've been eyeing a crf50 as well....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man that's a lucky child, I wish my old man would of bought me a bike at that age, but looks like she's gonna like it. please post a vid of her first ride :lol:
i cant wait to record and share her first ride!!
and i just wanna give my baby all the opportunities i never had...
shes stoked about it! :)

Dad of the century! :thumbup:

You do realize that by the time she's sixteen, she'll be kicking your motard ass!
haha thanks man!! :)
and im praying i can hold on till she's sixteen before im demoted down the family ranks! haha

oh man I can't wait..... My daughter is only a year and a half...... but god she loves bikes already, ecpecially daddy's tard!! :rofl:

i've been eyeing a crf50 as well....
its an amazing bike.. i was looking at the ktm 50sx mini but its too expensive to see if she will like it or not, ill get her one if she sticks with it but if not then $350 plus mod money isnt a big loss at all, id maybe even get my money back lol
there are soooooo many upgrades and mods for the crf50's that its a no brainer to start with these :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
wow! that was a STEAL!!!

does everyone in cali have grand entryways into their massive houses:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
well until you get her that gear...we are jumping the shit out of that thing out of your driveway and hitting the local golf courses at midnight! haha

so pumped to see lil that excited over a bike...i can only hope my kid gets that excited about their first bike

well done sir

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha sounds like plan dude! ive ben looking at mods all morning and colour schemes all day... as you know shes gonna have the best looking crf50 sumo ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Wow! dude are you gonna put sumo wheels? make sure they have good grip :lol: I just wanted to test out my wr250x the first day I got it. Used up stock tires, wet grass, Amateur ass, friends and family watching... should I say the rest? well I was showing off, gave it a shot of gas and let's say it like this... I hope nothing peed on that lawn :rofl:.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Congrats dave.id, the Hondas are tough to beat, I love mine for sure. She looks so pumped, good on you. You can probably pick up a set of stock wheels cheap over at Planetminis.com, and for an all around street tire, the IRC MB38 is long lasting with decent grip, About $15 a piece. For better grip, the Pirelli SL 26's, and for all out the Heidenau slicks, but they're pricey.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats dave.id, the Hondas are tough to beat, I love mine for sure. She looks so pumped, good on you. You can probably pick up a set of stock wheels cheap over at Planetminis.com, and for an all around street tire, the IRC MB38 is long lasting with decent grip, About $15 a piece. For better grip, the Pirelli SL 26's, and for all out the Heidenau slicks, but they're pricey.
Thanks dude for the heads up!! I'll check out what you said :)
And she is so excited about her new bike........ Until it starts, then she runs haha
But she can't leave it be so I know there is a rider in her somewhere!

Have you done any mods to yours and could you chuck up a couple pics?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dave i.d.; That was a fortuitous find there!! Right place at the right time!! Question; How do you like that orange KTM stand for the 690? Is it worth the $60 and does it work well when lifting the bike?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dave i.d.; That was a fortuitous find there!! Right place at the right time!! Question; How do you like that orange KTM stand for the 690? Is it worth the $60 and does it work well when lifting the bike?
Ya man.... I couldn't believe my luck on this find! :)

And as for the stand.... If being worth it means that I'm happy with it and it does what I need too.... BUT it doesn't slide under the bike with out having to wiggle the bike onto it and it's not the best making it go up and down.... And it's got a bit of a cheap wooden top on it and it kind of splinters on the edge after a few times of taking the bike on and off then yes I'd say it's worth it...... Only because it's a genuine Ktm part and it says Ktm on it :lol:

There are better lifts out there but for 60 bucks it makes pics look better and for me it was a stepping stone until I found a decent hydraulic ORANGE one :bannana:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts