SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all husqvarna 610/570 left side kick start models fans!!!

From the beginning excuse me about my English skills they are not in good condition, but hope you will understand me.

Would like to share my free time project with all you husqy fans. At this moment many things are done, some have still to do. Have a lot of pictures of project progress to show you.

In the summer of 2007 I bought 1998 year 610TE supermoto conversation.

Used it for Sunday fun street racing one season. Have to say I am tried many supermoto bikes built for street racing ride, this one is an excellent sample. Sure it has some imperfections.
But - beast power, nice handling and welcome design instead to some imperfections like slipping clutch, problematic cooling and unstable carb was the reason why I decided to rebuild it like wish.

First of all I started with the engine. Striped down existing one put the new spares (con rod, bearings, bushes etc), powder coated case etc. When the engine was close to finish I decided have to go to the oil pumper engine which has biger resource. The prepared old one I sold as spares and bought the hardly used from 2002 race SMR 570. The guy who sold it to me told that it is in “TOP ZUSTAND”??
But anyway I got in one time many good things like racing cooling pump, nox cdi, tc cam, vented right side cover, zupin clutch basket, oil pump crankcase, newer crankshaft and some valve stuffs.

Later more

[/FONT]

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Will not show for you all engine disasembling, cleaning, washing, powdercoating works etc.
Change the conrod and all engine bearings.

This is the con rod from “TOP ZUSTAND” engine

Slightly warm up the the bearing with the heat gun

Put warm bearing on the shaft, it itself will drop down untill full seat

Crankcase are prepared for installation, don’t know how this type of paint will keep on the surface during running, but will see. Probably for the next one project will anodize the case.

For transmission bearing installation put them in the fridge. Case warm up with the heat gun. Warming have to repeat before each bearing installation. The case have to heat up properly then the bearings will seat on its places very easy, without hammer and pressing tools. Before warming process the bearings seat places with WD40 or similar product.

For crankshaft installation case have to warm a bit more.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next one - installing transmission, very easy, just have to put it in. Before shafts inserting, oiled it. Usual I used medical syringe, you put necessary amount of oil right there where it is necessary, your hands and parts staying clean = it means less surface where dirt and abrasives can grip.

Put the hand made gasket. Didn't see any reason to bay the new on set for approx 100 EUR. For me it takes 2 h works and approx 3 EUR for materials.

Before install left side case, warmed it with the heat gun. After installing a few hits with the rubber hammer, that's all.

When the case become cold, tighten bolts

Now complete left side crankcase with the reed valve, crank seal, gear shifting unit, kick start satellite an oil pump. Before install oil pump fill it and channels with an oil.

For right side install seals, oil screens and oil pipe

Stator

Rotor

So the base of crankcase are ready

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Timing chain installation.
Heat up the new one sprocket with the heat gun, have to heat wery well.

Install the sprocket on to the shaft directly on to the key.

Before drive gear installation a little bit warmed it, seat place and shaft thread slightly processed with the blue thread lock.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Piston installation
FBF high comp piston. Standart bore (98mm) 13,1:1 compr. Quality seems quite good. Let’s see how it will work.

This is the only place which must be treated with oil before piston installation.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
First moust important thing in the engine – cylinder head. Check out, what and how is done:
- The new SS valves; int 36,0mm; exh 32,5mm
- The new one valve seals
- OEM sprigs
- Alu valve caps for better heat output.
- New one valve guides. (Machined from BMW car valve guides – better material for much lower price than OEM)
- Refaced OEM valve seats
- Flow bench works on intake and exhaust ports

Head are ready to seat down over the cylinder
If the old one head gasket are not damaged (bournout and coocked fragments etc), dont waste your money use the old one. There is one law - all surfaces must be perfectly clean. Before installation have to slightly process it with an oil.

Camshaft installation

All TC camshafts are identified with „A”

The new one bearings was installed the same way like crankshaft bearings.

DTC found

Camchain tightener installation

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Clutch:
This type of Husqvarna's engine equipped with a seven-disc clutch unit, which oem complectation are not able transfer tuned engine power without slipping especially if you use oil grade higher than mineral. This definetely is the problem.
One of the ways to prevent clutch slipping is to use stiffer springs and thicker presure plate, but it means that clutch will become stiffer and use more difficult, it is not suitable for street use.
Therefore first of all to ensure a good clutch engagement I decided to increase the count of clutch plates from 7 to 8. Purchased TE/TC 450-510 FBF billet clutch basket foreseen for 8 clutch plates.

To install the basket on to the base gear wheel made special spacer to get the basket in centerline on to the gear wheel. Her it is.

The new one main bush

Made new one 9mm longer gear shifting shaft due to wider basket.

So clutch basket are ready.

1 - 20 of 413 Posts