SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to convert my (recently acquired, street-legal) kdx250 to a SuMo bike. Motostrano was no help with the wheels. They said nothing would fit and I would have to lace new hoops to my current hubs. This is an option, but I would like to be sure that new hubs are out of the question. Ideally I could keep my dirt wheels for dirt.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge as to what will fit on my bike? Will KX250 wheels of about the same age work? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
you should just push it over a cliff. Or you can sell it to me for 10 bucks and a case of beer :anim_peep:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 97 KDX 220 that I converted to Supermoto. For the rear, I had to lace up a new Excel rim to the stock hub, there were no other choices. For the front, I actually replaced the stock front end with the front end from a KX250. Better forks, brake, etc. Then I laced up the front rim to a stock KX hub. There were options for the KX front, but it was just as easy to use a stock hub like I had used on the rear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 97 KDX 220 that I converted to Supermoto. For the rear, I had to lace up a new Excel rim to the stock hub, there were no other choices. For the front, I actually replaced the stock front end with the front end from a KX250. Better forks, brake, etc. Then I laced up the front rim to a stock KX hub. There were options for the KX front, but it was just as easy to use a stock hub like I had used on the rear.
Thanks Gerg - It's looking like this is what I will be doing as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bro do you know the length of the spokes you used off hand?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't, but I could measure them. Front or rear?

I think when I bought them I told them what rims I had and what hubs, and they sent the right sizes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts