SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1989 CR125, got lucky and found it through a friend basically. Used it for motocross a couple times, but I would also like to convert it into a Supermoto, I was wondering if anyone here knew of any rims that would fit? If I can just put the rims on and some good tyres then that would do, advice on bigger calipers or discs is appreciated but I am working on a budget at the moment so just looking for rims that are ideally a straight fit, but I know that is pretty unlikely.

I have asked around on some other place, emailed Talon/Excel but they couldn't help me, a friend mentioned that all Honda rims are the same sizes and that I should be able to pick up a set of CRF450 SM rims? But I dont know how reliable that is since I can't find it anywhere else and dont want to go and do it blind.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I used to have a 1990 CR125 back in the day and two of my buddies had 89 CR125's. Good memories. A lot of Honda MX wheels will fit other MX models. Last year, I put my 2006 CRF450R supermoto wheels on my girlfriend's 2005 CR125R so she could try out the sport. If you use your hubs or pick up some cheap ebay hubs, it might help keep your wheel build costs down a little. Honestly wheels are the hardest part to do cheap. Cheapest way to go is hope to find a used set that will fit or ebay China sets for around $500~600. Although I'm not advocating them, it's going to be cheaper than buying new spokes, rims, and re-lacing your own wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 1989 CR125, got lucky and found it through a friend basically. Used it for motocross a couple times, but I would also like to convert it into a Supermoto, I was wondering if anyone here knew of any rims that would fit? If I can just put the rims on and some good tyres then that would do, advice on bigger calipers or discs is appreciated but I am working on a budget at the moment so just looking for rims that are ideally a straight fit, but I know that is pretty unlikely.

I have asked around on some other place, emailed Talon/Excel but they couldn't help me, a friend mentioned that all Honda rims are the same sizes and that I should be able to pick up a set of CRF450 SM rims? But I dont know how reliable that is since I can't find it anywhere else and dont want to go and do it blind.

Any help is appreciated, thanks
Did you ever come around to converting it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts