SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in Belleville, IL 62221 (15 minutes East of St. Louis).

I bought the bike and have been enjoying it for the last two weeks. I purchased it with the intentions of having something to ride this season, since I always seem to be selling my motorcycles at the worst possible time (Spring). What I really wanted was a nice street legal dirt bike, but I figured I'd buy this and enjoy it until the season ended. Since then I have found the thumper I want, and now need to sell this.

This thing is a blast. It handles damn well for its age, and the sound is fantastic. I wouldn't classify it as fast, but if you keep it on the boil you can suprise much larger, newer bikes. If you like getting attention when riding, this is THE bike to have. I've owned many original and unique bikes, and none of them compare to this. I've come out of a store to find a whole family posing by the bike to get pictures. Yes, I'm serious.

Previous owner told me it had roughly 17,000 miles on it when I purchased it. The owner prior to him put CB750 gauges on the bike, so mileage is estimated. I reset the CB750 trip odometer when I got the bike and have added 400 miles. It runs like a top - starts very quickly and will happily run all day. I changed the oil before my first ride.

The bike looks very good, but not pefect. There are some bubbles in the paint on the tank, and the rear cowling looks like it could've been sanded better before painting. The frame looks good, as do wheels, sprockets, etc. The right fork seal weeps a little. The bike has headlight, running light, and taillight, but no turn signals. The switchgear is located on the handlebars, but not wired.

I'd like what I have into it - $3,000.

PM me or email me at: [email protected]

I have many more pictures that I can send, and I can take special request pictures.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I thought the CB/CL 350's were all parallel Twin's. Never seen a inline 4 350:headscrat

very nice by the way:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the CB/CL 350's were all parallel Twin's. Never seen a inline 4 350:headscrat

very nice by the way:thumbup:
If it has the "F" on the end, it's a four. The twins were more popular, and more of them were built. The little 350F was the smallest production four cylinder motorcycle engine that had ever been built at the time. It is modeled off of the CB750 and CB500. Very cool little bike.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking for trades before, but I found my next bike. I'm planning to ride some of the Trans America Trail in July, so I need a dirt bike.

You're still welcome to come take a test ride though, even if you're just kicking tires. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to the top...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

This thing has gotta go to make room for the new bike - going to eBay in a day if no interest.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

This thing has gotta go to make room for the new bike - going to eBay in a day if no interest.
ebay is really low rent these days, be careful. good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sweet... lets see head to belleville - see old high school friends, buy the bike - if I just didn't commit to a x650r I would be all over this. Good luck cool bike

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey waytooslow, where did you go to high school, and what year did you graduate? I wonder if we know each other... Funny that you just bought an XR650R, so did I! The CB350F is great fun, but won't do too well off road, and I have a lot of off road trips planned for later this year. :thumbup:

The bike is a lot of fun, and as others have said would be great for vintage track days and racing. It handles fantastically.

Come on guys, pick it up and go riding!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Feel free to PM me an offer. I'm not looking for a trade though, since I just picked up another bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay Bellevillians...

West class of 90 here, and I will take a test ride! Just grabbed a drz 400, not sure I like it for the Poplar Street Bridge commute every day (though I love it for every other reason!)

Who are you cats, I gotta know - you know BelleVegas is a small town.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My son was born at the USAF base there and lives in E. ALton with my xwife. Beautiful area for riding!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts