SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to know if anyone has done this to their DRZ400SM. If so how did the handling change and if ridden off road was there was an improvement especially in soft stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't done it to my DRZ but I did it with one of my XT's , 19" front-18"rear , handles real good onroad(compared to the 21") and seems pretty good offroad , I don't play in sand or mud but it does fine on the trails I have done. I have Shrinko 705's all the way around so I can't get to aggressive offroad. With a good knobby I'd say it'll push a little bit more in the soft than 21" but way better than 17"'s . I like that ratio better than the 17" fronts for just "general" runaround bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19 vs 17

Thanks for the info. I am going to go with the 19 and will report how it works out. The objective is to improve the tracking in the dirt, especially in sand, and preserve as much of the sreet handling as possible.
Life is filled with compromise:thumbup:

·
Registered
708 Posts
My XR650R has a 19" front rim too . . .

Thanks for the info.

I am going to go with the 19 and will report how it works out.

The objective is to improve the tracking in the dirt, especially in sand, and preserve as much of the sreet handling as possible.

Life is filled with compromise.

:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts