SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 690 SMC with a custom Tuneboy map. The bike runs perfectly on map 2, never stalls and rarely makes even a muffled pop on decel.

I switched to map 3 and the bike still has the same amount of power, however it bounces a bit between 1,500 1,900 rpm at idle and pops a lot on decel. Would the 15 minute idle procedure help clean up the way the bike runs on map 3?

·
Registered
696 Posts
no, with tuneboy you only have one map. The idle reset has no effect. Put it back to 2

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paab,

Thanks for your post. Does this mean then that l have only one choice of map? l tried all 3 and there are the expected differences, it's just that 1 and 3 don't run as cleanly as 2.

Is there any way to improve map 3's behavior without loading a new map? l'm sorry l am new to FI and Tuneboy so l haven't wrapped my mind around this fueling system yet. Trying to get up to speed, though!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Understood.

lf l want the bike's throttle response to be as it would normally be in map 3, would I need to load a completely new Tuneboy map that mimics the factory map's response? Do l need to design this map or is it possible to have someone design it? Or... is it better to load the Akra map for all 3 positions at the dealer and forget about Tuneboy? l have the software and the cable but have no idea what to do with it :headscrat

·
Registered
696 Posts
Oh, god, no. You don't want any part of the stock or akra maps. Tuneboy is farrrr superior if it was dyno tuned.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lt was dialed in with a dyno and runs perfectly on map 2. However, l prefer the throttle response in map 3.

Is there any way to make that happen? Someone on another forum said that Tuneboy was only compatible with map 2 and wouldn't run well on 1 or 3...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts