SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got a 2004 KTM 125sx that has stock suspension, sumo wheels and tires, 310mm front disk and caliper spacer.
I will be riding mostly on street and occasionally swap out knobbies for trail riding. As far as keeping it rideable on trails and mostly set up for street, how should I adjust the rebound, compression, and sag. I know I should get the suspension revalved and resprung but in the mean time what’s the best settings for street?

all advice is welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
I set sag same as I would for Motocross, or maybe a bit lower depending how "twitchy" the front is, bump up the compression on the forks and back off the rebound on the rear shock so it doesn't nose dive under braking as bad. It's all personal preference. If your on the street 90% you might want stiffer springs, thicker fork oil and go from there. Off road your going for max suspension travel and control at relatively low speeds, on the pavement you want the bike more stable at higher speeds in a straight line, cornering and braking so suspension travel isn't the issue.. You don't want it getting upset as easily on the road, so stiffen it up and slow down the motion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts