SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any company that makes and sells one for the drz? I dont want to cut out the rear fender for a foot slot either, I would prefer just buying a bar, and I can only weld steel so welding something onto the aluminum wouldnt work. Any advice would be appreciated :thumbup:

·
Registered
523 Posts
subframe is aluminium.... if you cant weld aluminium i cant see how your gonna attach one unless you make a whole new subframe.....

maybe you could bolt one on? dont think it would be very strong though....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its aluminum and thats why i cant weld onto it, i was wondering if the is a bolt on version or something close. If its bolt on, i can maybe have it welded for extra support, but i dont know. Im trying to see if anyone has done anything like a 12 bar on a drz. My main thing is i dont want to cut a hole in the fender.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
i know its aluminum and thats why i cant weld onto it, i was wondering if the is a bolt on version or something close. If its bolt on, i can maybe have it welded for extra support, but i dont know. Im trying to see if anyone has done anything like a 12 bar on a drz. My main thing is i dont want to cut a hole in the fender.
In short, NOPE. I'm constantly amazed that as long as the DRZ has been around, and as popular as they are, and as many times as this question comes up, nobody really makes stunt parts for it. Yet, the WRX250 has all kinds of support with only half the time on the market. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Buy a spare rear fender that you can cut a foot hole in and switch when you don't want that kind of "attention".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ii am surprised myself that there isn't a "stunt market" for the drz and grumpy, its not so much attention but I just dont want to hack my fender and regret it later lol

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Rob, That's why I said buy a spare. That way you can put the original back on.

I'm actually think about getting a spare set of plastics so I can change the graphics without destroying the originals.
If I remember correctly I saw a set on fleabay for like $150. But I haven't looked recently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts