SuperMoto Junkie banner

'10 WR250x ~Project Lanbron~

11K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  DdogWr250X 
#1 ·
2010 Yamaha WR250X

Brand new, had 16 miles on it.

No real plans when I picked it up..

Wasted no time getting rid of the stupid fender..

DRC Edge Tail and Flashers; Smoke lenses

Before is on tire.

Just got a text that a large box has arrived in the mail...I will post up later what it is along with pics..

See less See more
#5 ·
Rear fender and light look great, that's an upgrade I'm looking to do to mine. Personally, I like the quiet stock exhaust, as it's very low key for 2am hooligan runs.

Next up, ride it hard and get rid of those chicken strips on the rear tyre. :lol:

#13 · (Edited)
Update

So I got my sprockets in but I have no idea how to put them on or what size chain I need. And also I fear I may have bought the same size front sprocket as stock.

47t Rear
13t Front (is this the same as stock?)

What size chain do I need? How do I install it?

Also got in the MSR shorty clutch lever and perch. Take a look at the right side of the pic and you can see a sensor..wtf is it? I rode without it and it changed nothing but it installed on the stock perch...

The clutch cable is really tight now and the lever is somewhat difficult to pull in. Suggestions?

#14 ·
Loosen you clutch cable immediately. I usually make mine towhere you can pull the lever enough to stick a nickel between the lever and perch before the cable gets tight. If the cable is tight with the, lever all the way out, its BAD. The" sensor" is the clutch switch. It allows you to pull in the clutch and start it in gear given the kickstand is up. Not really a huge problem other
than you'lle have to find neutral if you stall it at a light

#17 ·
You should be able to give it some slack with just the adjuster on the perch.there might be another place to adjust it somewhere in line of the cable but I don't think so. I know it sounds dumb bet are you turning the adjuster the right way? Was that perch made specifically for the wrx?

#24 ·
Thanks man. Will be starting to modify my WR alittle when i get my garage which i can muck around in.

In envy you guys who can like modify the crap out of your bikes. Here in Switzerland you can barely modify anything since you have to register everything with the "vehicle department" or what you call it and also ordering parts such as exhaust, blinkers and other electronic devices is impossible since you won't get through the test every 3years which makes your bike stree-illegal xD

#27 ·
your going to need a longer chain to mount that 47 on the stock 13 up front. I got a 45 on mine, that's pretty much the limit for a stock chain. I don't see you getting a 47 on there, but good luck. :)

I have the same bike and love it. :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.