1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Yamaha WR250X

Brand new, had 16 miles on it.

No real plans when I picked it up..

Wasted no time getting rid of the stupid fender..

DRC Edge Tail and Flashers; Smoke lenses

Before is on tire.

Just got a text that a large box has arrived in the mail...I will post up later what it is along with pics..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rear fender and light look great, that's an upgrade I'm looking to do to mine. Personally, I like the quiet stock exhaust, as it's very low key for 2am hooligan runs.

Next up, ride it hard and get rid of those chicken strips on the rear tyre. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear fender and light look great, that's an upgrade I'm looking to do to mine. Personally, I like the quiet stock exhaust, as it's very low key for 2am hooligan runs.

Next up, ride it hard and get rid of those chicken strips on the rear tyre. :lol:
Yeah I just ordered a 47t rear sprocket and a 13t front sprocket from Sunstar. Also got a shorty MSR clutch lever and fatty Renthal bars and clamps.

·
Registered
202 Posts
nice bike get the pcv and gut the air box that will give you some noticeable gains... also ais removal, i still gota get around to that.

here's my 09wrx after about a year, hope you enjoy your lil 250 they are a blast!:thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice bike get the pcv and gut the air box that will give you some noticeable gains... also ais removal, i still gota get around to that.

here's my 09wrx after about a year, hope you enjoy your lil 250 they are a blast!:thumbup:
Yeah it should be a blast! How about those graphics..? I like them.

Also, help out the newb with "gut the airbox".

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
that light has 2 positions right? where you can mount it a little higher or lower? it looks a little less tucked than mine and others?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that light has 2 positions right? where you can mount it a little higher or lower? it looks a little less tucked than mine and others?
Not sure. The pics are at somewhat of a bad angle. I will post more but I'm not sure about a possible different mounting position.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Update

So I got my sprockets in but I have no idea how to put them on or what size chain I need. And also I fear I may have bought the same size front sprocket as stock.

47t Rear
13t Front (is this the same as stock?)

What size chain do I need? How do I install it?

Also got in the MSR shorty clutch lever and perch. Take a look at the right side of the pic and you can see a sensor..wtf is it? I rode without it and it changed nothing but it installed on the stock perch...

The clutch cable is really tight now and the lever is somewhat difficult to pull in. Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Loosen you clutch cable immediately. I usually make mine towhere you can pull the lever enough to stick a nickel between the lever and perch before the cable gets tight. If the cable is tight with the, lever all the way out, its BAD. The" sensor" is the clutch switch. It allows you to pull in the clutch and start it in gear given the kickstand is up. Not really a huge problem other
than you'lle have to find neutral if you stall it at a light

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Loosen you clutch cable immediately. I usually make mine towhere you can pull the lever enough to stick a nickel between the lever and perch before the cable gets tight. If the cable is tight with the, lever all the way out, its BAD. The" sensor" is the clutch switch. It allows you to pull in the clutch and start it in gear given the kickstand is up. Not really a huge problem other
than you'lle have to find neutral if you stall it at a light
I'm assuming that when you say "loosen the clutch cable" that there is a spot on the bike to do so because on the actual lever, it is loosened all the way. Any more advice?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
You should be able to give it some slack with just the adjuster on the perch.there might be another place to adjust it somewhere in line of the cable but I don't think so. I know it sounds dumb bet are you turning the adjuster the right way? Was that perch made specifically for the wrx?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should be able to give it some slack with just the adjuster on the perch.there might be another place to adjust it somewhere in line of the cable but I don't think so. I know it sounds dumb bet are you turning the adjuster the right way? Was that perch made specifically for the wrx?
Yes the perch was ordered and it specifically said 08-11 WR250x. I turned the dial all the farther it would go. I will take and post a pic of what the dial looks like maxed out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts