SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought this 2009 smr with 1650 miles on it and i was told the fuel light doesn't work is this a common problem, what should i expect per tank as to not get stranded? i want to change the oil right off that bat any suggestions for oil? seems to run lean will occasionally stall on a rapid de-cel and excel? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It's not the light thats the problem, it's that the sensor that's soldered to the fuel pump assembly comes un-soldered. If you remove the fuel pump assembly from the tank you will see the sensor just hanging there, and the broken solder will be obvious.

You should change the oil right away. You don't know what oil the previous owner put in there. Husky recommends synthetic 10w-60.

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
Pop the seat off, undo the 5mm allen at the front of tank, lift it up from the back and unplug the fuel pump connector and fuel line...you can take the side plastic off, but I never do...should take less than 5min. I re-routed my fuel pump elect. connector to its a breeze to get to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot I'll look at that tonight, I ended up getting agip oil that my local husky dealers tech suggested it 20w-50 weight any comments? Next thing on my list is to examine the little bit of seepage (oil I think) around the bottom on the air box area? Any comments on that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very much i saw the green wire broke off that soldered connection i repaired it hopefully that light will work any idea how many miles i should get per tank? ive been refueling at like 50-55 because i wasnt sure when i was going to run out?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
thank you very much i saw the green wire broke off that soldered connection i repaired it hopefully that light will work any idea how many miles i should get per tank? ive been refueling at like 50-55 because i wasnt sure when i was going to run out?
Every bike is different. Being based on a race bike, the SMR has a very small tank. It depends on your jetting, riding style, traffic conditions, etc. Only way to find out is to run out of gas!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I always fill it up after 100km(60miles) it's always something around 6 liter what goes in. The tank only holds 7,2 liter/1.9 gallon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts