SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I tried looking threw old threads but couldn't find anything related to my problem. I have an 09 smr450 with 1700 miles on it did the power up kit on it, I still run the factory mufflers with cats on it tho.
I live in north Carolina and rite now it's 100+ degrees and when I ride sometimes the bike feels like it's plugged up and after half throttle it just doesn't have any balls to it. If I go and let the bike cool down it runs fine for a short ride but once I ride it continuous for 30+ mins it starts acting up again. I've asked some of my buddy's which work at Hendrick Lexus as mechanics, some guys are saying that it could be vapor locking due to engine heating the gas up to much, or and ecu problem? I'm stumped myself. Any info would be great.
I was going to try and heat rap the exhaust and put a heat shield under the tank to try and get temps down but not sure if that's the rite path to go?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Water wetter $15 and the race coolant pump $50 will help out. It's over heating and losing power. That's why it runs fine after you let it cool down for a bit. Would not be a bad idea too wrap the header pipe like you had mentioned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm running engine ice in it rite now, and I'm going to rap the pipes up as well. Were can I purchase the high flow water pump?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts