SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete SuperMoto noob here from KY. I owned a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250, but sold it last March in hopes of upgrading to a dual sport of some sort at some time. I never found one I was interested in until I found a 2009 KLX250SF online (I'm a girl and of the bikes feel too high, heavy, or I have no confidence in). The main issue, I have no idea outside of KBB what a decent price range is for this particular bike. I've spend the past several days researching the bike and reading forums on the bike. I really like everything I've read and seen, but couldn't find any ideas regarding price range. I would like to go into any deal with an idea regarding fair price.

It is a 2009 with 8,6XX miles that looks clean enough to eat off of (body and engine) that is completely stock except for new tires and rim tape. Would $2,800 be a reasonable price for a bone stock bike?

Any help or comments are completely appreciated.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Complete SuperMoto noob here from KY. I owned a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250, but sold it last March in hopes of upgrading to a dual sport of some sort at some time. I never found one I was interested in until I found a 2009 KLX250SF online (I'm a girl and of the bikes feel too high, heavy, or I have no confidence in). The main issue, I have no idea outside of KBB what a decent price range is for this particular bike. I've spend the past several days researching the bike and reading forums on the bike. I really like everything I've read and seen, but couldn't find any ideas regarding price range. I would like to go into any deal with an idea regarding fair price.

It is a 2009 with 8,6XX miles that looks clean enough to eat off of (body and engine) that is completely stock except for new tires and rim tape. Would $2,800 be a reasonable price for a bone stock bike?

Any help or comments are completely appreciated.
2800 is fair for that from a private seller. I'd say 2500 is a better price. Offer that and if he doesn't sell, just wait. There will be others. The range is 2300 - 3000. Anything over that is over priced and starting to be "WR250X money". The WR is a better bike but the seat height is higher and so is the cost. The KLX250SF ia a good value because Kawasaki had over production for a couple years and there was a dealer surplus resulting in severely discounted prices on new old stock. It's a lot of bike for little money.

Use search tempest to find the average prices nationwide. There are lots of 09's for sale for 3000, but they aren't moving - some have been renewed over and over for months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts