SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 08 450 2 weeks ago. I love the bike but only issue I'm having is surging at wide open throttle. The bike has the stock exhaust on it. But upon inspection the throttle block off was removed.

I'm thinking maybe it has the power up kit in the ecu and has all the stock stuff back on when it was time to sell. Also the surge happens when I try to slip or pop the clutch. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess everyone is out riding.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Float level in the carb too low or maybe the needle is too low in the slide. Hard to say. First step for me on a new bike is to pull the carb and make note of all the jets and needle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe that the 2008's were fuel injected, at least my 2008 510 is. I also believe that both of the original posts are 10+ years old.

Float level in the carb too low or maybe the needle is too low in the slide. Hard to say. First step for me on a new bike is to pull the carb and make note of all the jets and needle.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yes 2008 models is EFI (fuel injected) bike..Cannot say 100%, but sound like injector fault or fuel pump, when if it cannot can't stand WOT. But not sure was in 2008 model that fuel pump issue, also that fuel pump can slip out that rack, then check that fullpower mode is 100% in there is you are suspicious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts