SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this isnt a stupid question.... Can you monitor your water temp on the instrument cluster some how? I have only been able to access the clock,tach,odometer, and speedomoter.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't think there is a monitor for it I think just a dummy light. Probably would be spewing all over your legs at that point though. I can say mine has never over heated hell I dont think I have even heard the fan kick on yet.

·
Registered
961 Posts
If that light comes on, you're in trouble and need to cool off the engine ASAP!

My fan use to kick in when I had the stock coolant in the bike. Aftter I changed out to WW and distilled water, it has come on only once (last Summer) after a ride thru downtown LA on the 110 in 100+F heat lane splitting.

It has yet to come on this year.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
With all the electronic gadgetry in that there instrument cluster I am amazed that there isn't a simple temperature indicator!! I like to know when my bike is up to temperature as well as if it is getting too hot!

I for one will probably be fitting an aftermarket temp gauge this winter. Have any readers done this already??

·
Registered
961 Posts
With all the electronic gadgetry in that there instrument cluster I am amazed that there isn't a simple temperature indicator!! I like to know when my bike is up to temperature as well as if it is getting too hot!

I for one will probably be fitting an aftermarket temp gauge this winter. Have any readers done this already??
I had a Daytona coolant temp gauge on my old TZ250 race bike, it was easy to install and worked great.

You'll just need to find a spot to mount the gauge. I've found no real need to have one after I changed out to WW & distilled water.

Another option is to buy another thermistor with different set points and splice it in, in place of the stock one, which seems to be set fairly high.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have WW loaded in the cooling system, but was looking for the actual motor temp, so I knew when it was safe to rip, or not. I figured that the little computer on the dash was pretty smart, but all I need is speed readings, and temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts