SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than being the best looking SM ever what makes the RR worth $16,000? I am curious as to what the specs are and other things like....does it have a spares kit? What parts are Ti and carbon? How long I would be sleeping on the couch after buying one?

·
Registered
725 Posts
rr specs

comes with a higher compression piston, different cam set up compared to a tc.. head is also ported. slipper clutch is standard, CF bits are frame guards and fender stays bash plate and case guards. this years bike has a 16.5 on the rear vs last years 17.. its also 5.5 vs the 5" .. forks are an upgrade, also have been done at the factory, shortened, valved for SM. frame has an adjustable head angle, just like in the past. hand TIG welded frame just like years past. dual muffler set up. its not the bargin they were in the past, but if you wait and nobody buys them, they will get marked down. several 06's sold last year for under 10,000.00 spares kit is marginal, clutch tool, some jets, 1 rear sprocket, 1 Cs. and handguards. :hmmm::bike:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information! I can get my hands on one after much digging.It's between the RR and a TM.I am kind of undecided as to which one to get.They will both cost within $500 to $1,000 of eachother.Anybody ride an SM450 RR? How is the power delivery,handling? Anyone know of a link to a review/riding impression? I was thinking that one of the Euro mags would have done a test or something.

·
Registered
725 Posts
450rr

they are the last to be built on the schedule. i think delivery date is in late may or june.. you could call husky usa and check. :infrandom:bike:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a line on one and will know something definite on Monday or Tuesday.Apparently the guy that knows all the information is in France for some SM event/race.What time of year is the Guidon D'or race?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last I heard, there's only 100 units available. The only reviews I could find are in Italian.
I'm curious bout shootout vs Aprilia SXV.

·
Registered
630 Posts
comes with a higher compression piston, different cam set up compared to a tc.. head is also ported. slipper clutch is standard, CF bits are frame guards and fender stays bash plate and case guards. this years bike has a 16.5 on the rear vs last years 17.. its also 5.5 vs the 5" .. forks are an upgrade, also have been done at the factory, shortened, valved for SM. frame has an adjustable head angle, just like in the past. hand TIG welded frame just like years past. dual muffler set up. its not the bargin they were in the past, but if you wait and nobody buys them, they will get marked down. several 06's sold last year for under 10,000.00 spares kit is marginal, clutch tool, some jets, 1 rear sprocket, 1 Cs. and handguards. :hmmm::bike:

Jets??? Isn't it fuel injected like the stock one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts