SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chain is rubbing on the inside. My OEM chain wore through the rubber and was rubbing on the aluminum! I just replaced the rubber inside the guide. Took a crescent wrench to the brackets to try to align the chain better inside the guide. This is ghetto as shit but I gained a hair of clearance. I did some searches and looks like you fellers are putting BRP guides on your huskys. They claim to be wider inside and made out of longer lasting materials.

Anyone here rocking one of these BRP guides? How do you like it? Should I pull the trigger on one? Do they bolt right up no problems?

:hmmm::headscrat:coffee::anim_peep:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I got the BRP chain guide. It was listed for the TE610 on their website. HERE

Its way better. I was on my second stock rubber insert. First one wore through in one spot and was rubbing the aluminum. Sounded like hell. The BRP is made of nice hard material and has more clearance. After a ride last night I dont see any signs of wear. No irritating chain sounds either. Awesome fit too.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I have a BRP on my 510. Works well, never had an issue with the oem guide, just wanted it for bling factor I guess.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The rubber insert on my stock 2006 610sm chain guide is all worn out. Where could I get a new one?

I like the BRP aftermarket one, but don't really want to spend $80 on it...are there any other options?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts