SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
wow, i just noticed how close together the first four races were! good thing i'm not racing the quebec rounds cos there's no way I could afford 4 weekends in a row!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Beginning Jan. 31, just showing a driver's license will not be enough to enter the U.S. from Canada. U.S. citizens ages 19 and older must present documentation that proves both identity and citizenship, such as either a passport or government-issued photo identification and proof of citizenship (a birth certificate or other acceptable documents). Travelers who do not have the proper documents may be delayed as U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers attempt to verify their identity and citizenship. Children ages 18 and younger need proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.

The requirements also apply to Americans driving or sailing to and from Mexico, and to those traveling by sea to and from Bermuda and the Caribbean. These changes are significant as compared to the current and long-standing policy that allows CBP officers to accept oral declarations of citizenship from U.S. and Canadian citizens seeking entry into the United States through a land or sea border. Effective Jan. 31, 2008, oral declarations will not be accepted.

Additional information is available on the CBP website.

In More Passport News....

U.S. citizens may begin applying in advance for the new U.S. Passport Card beginning February 1, 2008. The U.S. Department of State expects cards will be available and mailed to applicants in spring 2008.

The passport card will be valid for use at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The card may not be used to travel by air.

Learn more about the Passport Cards on the State Department’s website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts