SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site, just got a 08 510 SMR with 405 miles....curious about what are the best gaining and sensible upgrades. It has an arrow slip one it stock otherwise. Curious about "uncorking" it. A power up kit? Steering stabilizer, etc. any and all info/wisdom or suggestions is appreciated!

·
Registered
725 Posts
smr450R

make sure it is broken in properly, change out the oil and filter often, oil is cheap insurance. powerup kit, change out the leak jet and pilots and main, they are lean from the factory. lots of info around on this site and TT. replace the cross over tube for the radiators, alum Y branch for the cooling system. High performance water pump from husky An RR pump.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome to the Husky world. Its an amazing bike. I'm using a JD tuner and can give you the ibeat settings for the FI. Do you know if the bike has the power up kit on it yet ? Look at the exhaust and see if it has a plug in the side where the AF sensor would go.
We will be happy to get it running strong for you, plenty of knowledge here.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Theres not many power gaining mods that you can do if that what your looking for. A proper dyno tune will be your best bang for buck as with any fuel injected vehicle.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
A power up kit? Steering stabilizer
My 08' 510 ran like a miserable POS before the power up kit. It's an Arrow slip-on, plug for exhaust were the O2 sensor was and a relay that plugs in to the O2 wire harness. Makes all the difference, I would burn my bike if I were forced to ride it stock. Never felt the need for a steering stabilzer. Get your sag set right, compression and rebound on the soft side of the adjustment range and you're good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
for the 08 the Power Up Kit = Arrow slip on exhaust, throttle stop plate removed, removal of lambda sensor from mid exhaust pipe and replaced with lambda sensor plug and gasket, added lambda sensor connector where lambda sensor wire was connected, removed intake silencer and added high flow air filter cage...i have a pdf version of the 09 power up kit installation instructions if you want to check and see if it was installed

you may want to do the fuel pump slip mod and the suicide kickstand mod...i think these guys covered everything else

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Theres not many power gaining mods that you can do if that what your looking for. A proper dyno tune will be your best bang for buck as with any fuel injected vehicle.
There's options. Just depends on how far you want to go. Lighter TC piston, 530 big bore kit, cam, full exhaust, etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts