SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got A New 08 At Speed Front End Wobbles Some Not Real Scary Cuz I Got 36 Years Exper. Just Not Sure If It Normal Due To Light Weight Of This Badboy Ps Also Yhere Are No Zerk Fittings On My Rear Suspencion Linkage That What I Would Really Like Someone To Chime In About. Mine Has Run Perty Good Iv Only Pulled Out Arester And Throtel??? Stop Still Playing With Suspencion

·
Registered
7 Posts
dude they all speed weave, ive got the o7 smr 510 and anything above 80 mph it rrys to spit you off!
try droping your forks though the yokes a little, i found that calms things down a bit
as for the suspention i found that rebound as hard as you can on both and mid hard compersion on slow at the rear but h speed must be hard as fuck and the front just have it soft compresion i found that that works hope this helps a little dude,

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have had an 06 450smr and with 16/42 gearing it will indicate 114 if you give it enough room. It has never weaved, wobbled, or chattered on the street or racetrack.

·
Banned
309 Posts
hit 112 on mine and the only weaving it will do is in a strong side wind. you might try adjusting your riding posting foward or back a little. my suspension is factory with 5mm showing on the front forks... out of balance tires or loose sterring head bearings could also cause the problem.

·
Registered
181 Posts
98 yesterday and not a single shimmy on my 06.

you can check wheel alignment. in addition, i sit as far forward as i can. i end up drifting back, but the bike does bad things as i do.

also, see what everyone is running for tires and pressures as a starter.

i have d208zr's 150 rear and running 22/22 in them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As stated in post above my 08' 510 speed wobbles (at times) at 70 to 90 mph if I sit back too far in the seat. Still, i'm looking into a steering damper. Anyone fit one yet?

Finally got FI sorted out so less speed wobbles with front end in the air 1/2 the time.:thumbup:

JJ

·
Registered
147 Posts
As stated in post above my 08' 510 speed wobbles (at times) at 70 to 90 mph if I sit back too far in the seat. Still, i'm looking into a steering damper. Anyone fit one yet?

Finally got FI sorted out so less speed wobbles with front end in the air 1/2 the time.:thumbup:

JJ
what was the FI issue you had?

·
Registered
125 Posts
08 510 FI issues

The bike was set-up from Hall's Cycle in IL with power-up kit installed (Arrow slip-on, remapp, o2 plug)

Fueling was way, way off - Bike would barely start, it stalled all the time and wouldn't hold any RPM except WFO (that of which was unimpressive) Called owner of Hall's (also the set-up/tuner dude) got a rude answer so I never called back.

Called Fast by Ferrachi (FBF) they have a custom mapped PCIII that they developed for the 08' SMR-510 - I was skeptical but bought it anyway. FBF's PCIII was plug and play to near perfection.:clap:

Bike starts fast, idles right away, no more missing and popping, revs quick as hell and wheelies every gear... SERIOUSLY I can roll-on a wheelie on in 5th shift to 6th and ride em a friggen 1/4 mile.... in sixth! It runs nearly as strong as my SXV 550 and out handles it!

Nevertheless, the bike still misses a bit too much for me after riding (hard) for 20 min or so. It may be running a bit lean? Did a plug chop (very light tan almost off white)

It's going on the dyno at Corse Superbikes here in WI tomorrow. No track days for me until its near perfect.

JJ

08' Husqvarna SMR 510
08' Aprilia SXV 550

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nevertheless, the bike still misses a bit too much for me after riding (hard) for 20 min or so. It may be running a bit lean? Did a plug chop (very light tan almost off white)
What do you mean by misses?

Unleaded fuels don't give off the same color on the plug as leaded, so "very light tan almost off white" sounds good. You'll find out on your dyno run.

·
Registered
45 Posts
25psi, lower forks, hard rebound soft compression. Did 104MPH today and solid as a rock. Came from dealer with 40+psi and had same issue with shimmy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yes, tire pressure is a HUGE deal in these bikes. 24/25 psi front/back is like perfect. don't follow what the sidewall says... these tires (unless they are sumo specific) are designed more for sport bikes.

like the others say, 100 mph on my 06 510 and straight as an arrow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had an 05 510 and now have an 07 in full race trim and no wobbles from either, but you do have to have your tires 25-30 psi in the rear and 20- 25 in the front as steven57 wrote.

·
Registered
45 Posts
dropped tire pressure to 25psi FR&R
lowered forks to the very top of the tube, nut is exposed
FR rebound to max
FR compression min
R rebound slow 7 clicks left of max
R rebound fast to max
R compression to min
No preload on shock

I weigh 208# and sit about 6-8" back of tank and bike was rock solid at 104MPH