SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Looking to sell my KTM to get a Kawasaki Z1000 but not sure what its worth. What would be a fair asking price with these mods?
Baja Designes Light kit. $500
GPR stabilizer.600
Brush guards.
Slipper Clutch $1000
High output stator $175
Electric start kit $ 640
Off road wheels and tires 18/21
only had 2000 miles on it
Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There was one for sale here in Seattle a couple weeks ago with abunch of mods for $5K.
A SMJ member bought it and rode it 4 hours back to Eastern WA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 hours? That boy must be tougher than woodpecker lips! I road mine for a hour and couldn't feel my butt for another hour later. Thanks for the info. I think I have it sold. I was trying 5500 with off road tires included and 5100 without. so guess im in the ball park.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I paid $4000 for mine, but I'm pretty sure I ripped the dude off. I see them go for around 5 grand though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That moto is crazy fun aye? I know i'll miss mine. I'm going to get arrested If I don't find it a new home. Yah, you took that poor fella for a ride! He lost his butt on that deal.

·
Registered
446 Posts
4 hours? That boy must be tougher than woodpecker lips! I road mine for a hour and couldn't feel my butt for another hour later. Thanks for the info. I think I have it sold. I was trying 5500 with off road tires included and 5100 without. so guess im in the ball park.
Yeah no kidding! My 525 SMC would have me walking like a cowboy after 30 miles.

Might have been even longer than 4 hours, he didn't get home till 3 in the morning.
Got pulled over twice and had to change sprockets 1/2 way through the trip.
There's a funny thread on it here somewhere, Billy 31 I think.

Back on topic, did you sell your bike?
5,500 with off road setup sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ya I picked that 06 up for 4 grand. Score... And ya that ride sucked ass! Proved to me the bike ran solid thou. Mine doesnt have a scotts, slipper clutch or electric start thou so 5 is more than fair, but mine does have aftermarket tank and full akro set up with new black wheels and all black plastics and low hours

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine had a 9 liter tank e start and upgraded stater and lighting kit and came with 2" chicken strips lol. I got black plastic and tank for it cause orange isn't a good color for me. I dont see any reason you can't get $5500 if you're patient.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
In these parts the 560 SMR is rare. 525 SMRs and converted EXCs are not and can be had for $4k or less tagged and ready to ride. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, It sold. My baby is gone. The fella that bought it didn't even flinch at 5500. He was happy to give it, especially after he took it for a ride. Now I hope I like the kawi Z.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts