SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i'm new to the board and tried to take the smog off my 07 sm610 and done every thing step by step as listed on the sticky. now my bike doesnt want to stay running has anyone had this problem ?thanks David

·
Registered
590 Posts
Did you plug the vacuum port on the right side of the head - if not that will be a massive vacuum leak.

Edit: Also check if the vent tubes off the carb float bowl are kinked - that will kill it too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is something that looks like a small in line filter is that supposed to come off to along with the piece tie wrapped to th espeddo bracket ?thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
Only other things I can think would be any of the vent lines off the carb kinked or blocked, or the vent line on the tank - maybe the one-way valve backwards? The fuel petcock is open, right?:) Open your gas cap and see if it makes an air sucking/vacuum being released kind of sound after the engine stalls.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's the one way valve - it lets air into the tank as the fuel level drops, but prevents fuel from sloshing out. If it were backwards, it wouldn't let air in - a vcuum would form in the tank and no fuel would flow to the carb.

·
Banned
900 Posts
theres a hose coming off the gas tank that can pinch not letting the tank vent so no vacuum and bike dies
i did that on i took off my smog crap
took a day to figure out what i did wrong

1 - 10 of 10 Posts