SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be a looooong post, I apologize, but I am trying to make it as accurate and informative as possible. Most reasonable questions should be answered below. I check SMJ daily, so PM's should be answered timely if you send one, but posts in this thread trump PM's if anyone speaks up for it. I want to be fair to all but the first person with cash or with a reasonable deposit gets dibbs. If it falls through then on to the next.

2007 DRZ400 Supermoto
2,372 miles as of 6-20-11, I'm still riding it some though so it may increase slightly
Located in the Lynchburg, VA area, zip code 24502
$4,500 firm, cash - not interested in trades right now of any type
Clean and clear Virginia title is in hand
Shipping/delivery/test ride info at the very bottom of the post

Great bike, just not really what I am looking for right now. I'm in no hurry or need for it to sell.

The bike has:
-Ice Cube 455cc big bore kit
-FCR carb
-Hot Cams
-Full MRD/SSW exhaust with an APA slider/protector
-Stainless steel brake lines front and rear
-K&N Air Filter
-Rubber Killers
-Zeta Handguards
-LED tail light/fender eliminator
-Contiforce SM tires installed about 350 miles ago
-New battery as of 2-12-11
-1 (one) key (that's all it came with)
-A lot of stock parts listed and pictured below

All the history I know about the bike: I am the second owner of this bike. I purchased it on February 15th of this year with 1,3xx miles on it from a military guy in Delaware. He was moving back to the western part of the US and didn't want to bother shipping it as he had 5 bikes. Having that many bikes is why he said he only put so few miles on it while he had it. He had the major mods done to the bike between when it was new and when I bought it. I don't know the exact milage when he had the BB kit, carb, cams, etc installed but it was somewhere between 1 and 1,300 miles. He said it had never been off-road but it had been down once at low speed, damage is pictured below.

Since I've owned it, it has not been dropped, laid down or off-road. It's a fun bike and it's got plenty of power to pass slower traffic in a hurry. It's not been "stunted" as in circle wheelies and stoppies, but I've ridden wheelies on it, which is what you are supposed to do with a bike like this. It's a piece of cake to pop up a sit-down in 2nd and 3rd gear and it will easily come right up in 4th even with what I believe is stock gearing. I'm not a huge fan of going really fast on a dirtbike, but I've had it to mid 90's and it wasn't anywhere near done. It will cruise an indicated 75 with ease. I've only checked the gas milage once, but it was 52mpg. I have no idea the HP as I've never dyno'd it. I've only ridden one other DRZ400 in my life and that was years ago but there is no comparison. It's the only SM I've ever ridden so I can't compare it to anything else either.

I put on the MRD and the handguards after I got it. Other than that all I've done is change the oil at 1,900 miles and I will change it again this weekend if I have a chance.

Everything works great to the very best of my knowlege (horn, hi/low beams, on/off switch). It starts up easily and usually without even choking it. Aside from some of the nuts/bolts showing some rust (mostly on the brakes) the only real cosmetic damage is on the left side of the gas tank. Somehow my leathers wore a little smudge in the paint. The plastics are in very good shape but not showroom perfect. Expect usual light imperfections, no gashes.

It comes with everything pictured below.
-Brand new never installed Acerbis front fender with directions and hardware
-extra exhaust slider heat strips
-Stock mirrors
-Aftermarket mirrors I bought but never installed
-stock cylinder in fantastic shape
-stock piston
-stock brake lines
-most, if not all the reflectors
-stock rear fender w/lights & blinkers and front blinkers
-stock exhaust
-stock grips
-stock carb
-stock air filter
-an extra brand new 44 tooth rear sprocket still in the wrapper
-stock cams
-stock bar end
-I have the rear fender tool pouch around somewhere. If I can find it it will be included
-a set of brand spanking new Protaper universal bar mounts
-and anything else you see in the photos that I forgot to mention specifically that would obviously be included. (A vehicle or house in the background obviously wouldn't go with the bike, lol)

Pics:

Speedo, taken today

Carb

455 Cylinder

Front brake wear

Front slider damage from previous owner

Rear slider damage from previous owner

Scuffs on footpeg and brake pedal from previous owner

MRD

Tail/brake light. That's a paper towel just covering up my license plate, that's all.

Blemish on gas tank from my leathers

Left side

Underneath and linkage

Right side

K&N

Current rear sprocket wear

SS rear brake line and rust

Rear tire wear

Front tire wear

Fender, mirror, bar ends

Extra stuff

Shipping/delivery/test rides: I'm not really fond of the idea of packing up all this extra stuff into boxes/crates and whatnot, but if someone far away is dead set on it and they arrange the details and pay for shipping then I will take the bike wherever it needs to be dropped off at if they do all the crating.

I'm off work every Sunday and I will drive up to a reasonable half a day one way (200-250 miles or so) to meet you or deliver for the actual price of my gas at the time.

If someone local wants to take it for a spin they can any day of the week after 5:30pm, assuming they have cash in hand with the understanding of "if you break it, you buy it".

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you interested in trading at all? I have a 2006 fz6.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcy/2415491226.html
Thanks, but I'm not really interested in trades right now of any type. Good luck with your sale though. :thumbup:

random question, would you sell the ss brake lines? anyways bump for a clean bike
Maybe down the road I might, but right now I would rather just sell it whole. If it doesn't sell by winter I MIGHT just part it out and sell it piece by piece.

·
Registered
6 Posts
holy shit I want this. I just sold my DRZ and I miss it so much =( This has all the mods I wanted to do to it too....I guess if its not sold in a month or two I will def grab it! Im over in Maryland near DC.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holy shit I want this. I just sold my DRZ and I miss it so much =( This has all the mods I wanted to do to it too....I guess if its not sold in a month or two I will def grab it! Im over in Maryland near DC.
I've got family in MD that I visit every couple of months. It would be cake to meet you near Waldorf or wherever you need. :thumbup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you change your mind about trades I have a 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600 and im in richmond va. we could work something out. LMK if you change your mind
Thank you, but I have a 600cc sportbike already.

No real need for two.

·
Registered
628 Posts
mcct and loctite been done?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wish there were deals like this in Canada man.... only i I had the money RIGHT MEOW I WOULD GOBBLE IT UP IN A HEARTBEAT!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It looks like it's been spoken for. To give the potential buyer plenty of opportunity I will mark this Sold Pending Funds and come back later and edit it to show either sold or back up for sale.

But while it is pending I won't take any offers.

ETA: Well, I can't edit the title. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts