SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok took my wheel off to change my tire, after i put it back on i whent to reinstall the stock axle sliders. i got the left one on nice and snug went to put the right one on the the hex bolt just spins. it dosnt feel like its stripped its like its free spinning with no resistence or threads to grab onto. if anyone knows what im doing wrong let me know

i assumed the threads where tapped into the axle if there was threaded shaft in the axle it would spin in the axle but the left one is fine unless theres a keyway or sonthing in it idk i need help it looks stupid with one axle slider missing:headscrat

·
Registered
106 Posts
if your using the stock axle sliders that use the expanding rubber bushing to hold them in then you probably need to pull the assembly back out and tighten down the hex bolt a bit in your hand while holding the rubber bushing. This will cause the rubber to expand a bit and when you re-insert it back into the axle, it will catch instead of just spinning.

P.s. The stock sliders are crap, and will probably just pop out the first time you lay the bike down, instead of protecting the bike like they should. If you want to keep them, I would at least recommend doing the all-thread fix, but if your going to do that, you might as well just do the skateboard wheel sliders while your at it. hope this helped:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I really like the stock sliders, but just run a piece of 1/4-20 allthread through your axle and tighten that down snug. Never done me wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if your using the stock axle sliders that use the expanding rubber bushing to hold them in then you probably need to pull the assembly back out and tighten down the hex bolt a bit in your hand while holding the rubber bushing. This will cause the rubber to expand a bit and when you re-insert it back into the axle, it will catch instead of just spinning.

P.s. The stock sliders are crap, and will probably just pop out the first time you lay the bike down, instead of protecting the bike like they should. If you want to keep them, I would at least recommend doing the all-thread fix, but if your going to do that, you might as well just do the skateboard wheel sliders while your at it. hope this helped:thumbup:
Thanks i ended up figuring it out on my own but i think your right about skate board wheels, ill probably go that route eventually

ther was a steel bushing on the right side with a hole just big enough for the bolt and the bushing was floating some where in the axle so i dug the left side out so i could push the right side rubber bushing back to the right side with a plunger i mase out of a sishkabob scure lol

so if i go the skate board route do i have pop or drill out the steel bushing on the right side it seemed in there pretty good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts