SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Akro map loaded into my 07 690 after junking the stock exhaust system and there is a noticable difference.

Its like a whole new bike. FYI the 07 690 requires two down loads (one for each ecm in the bike) and the ecm must be cleared after each down load.

Also the TPS was adjusted and made a huge difference. According to KTM the 690's are sent out with less than optimal adjustment of the TPS. Any one in Florida needing mapping for their 690 go see Kevin at JSO in Orlando. He has the latest maps from KTM and has sorted out all the bugs in down loading to the 690's.:clap:

Thanks to Kevin and all the guys at Jet Ski of Orlando Awsome work!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
the problem with the KTMs is that they run them lean from the factory to meet the US emissions, I believe there is a ton to get out of them with pipe, air filter and a new program...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just got the Akro map loaded into my 07 690 after junking the stock exhaust system and there is a noticable difference.

Its like a whole new bike. FYI the 07 690 requires two down loads (one for each ecm in the bike) and the ecm must be cleared after each down load.

Also the TPS was adjusted and made a huge difference. According to KTM the 690's are sent out with less than optimal adjustment of the TPS. Any one in Florida needing mapping for their 690 go see Kevin at JSO in Orlando. He has the latest maps from KTM and has sorted out all the bugs in down loading to the 690's.:clap:

Thanks to Kevin and all the guys at Jet Ski of Orlando Awsome work!!!!
Very Cool! Glad you got it sorted out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far your only option is the the Akro map from the dealers. I haven't actually seen a power commander, a lot of talk, but I don't know anyone who has touched one!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I talked to Powercommander on Friday. Once they get a bike which they don't yet, they will make one for it. From what they said it will be 3-6 months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone with a SMC done the airbox mod yet. If so what is involved besides just removing the top lid? I am getting my AKRA tomorrow and map on Friday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts