SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've found a bunch of posts about converting the KTM SMR 560 for street legal use but could not get a full straight answer on what i need to do.

I just bought my bike and it has been converted already but the lights and such only work when the revs are up so i assume it only has the ac stator in it, it has a small battery pack under the seat that looks like a pack of AA battery's but doesn't hold a charge after a ride.

My main question is: WHAT DO I DO? lol, how do i test to see if i have the right stator and if i don't have the right one, what stator, flywheel, battery box, regulator , ect... do i need to be able to run the lights and turn signals without the engine running so i don't get harassed by the cops?

Can anyone help? Please :headscrat

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Dealing with that exact problem as we speak on my 06 560. got tired of the low light sitution, it was basically a day time only bike, so its at the shop right now, had to get a new ktm wiring harness, full sized battery, all the wiring and bolts needed to run it all, a voltage regulator (trail tech) and a new headlight, well i actually just wanted a new headlight but still. with parts and labor i'm in to it about 400 so far with probably another 150-200 in labor costs still to come. wish i could be of more help, but me and wiring don't get along the best :headscrat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts