SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had this problem for a while now I found out what was happening last night and I fixed it road it to the gas station this morning road and sounded great get home let it sit for a couple of hours go to ride it and it stared happening again it seems like the bowl is over filling but if you hold the bike up right it sits below the level line because I adjusted the float to stop it there what I can do it drain the bowl to about half full and cut off the gas and it starts no problem idles fine as soon as I turn the gas on it immediately floods the engine and won’t start until I get rid of all the gas out of the cylinder and empty the bowl half way not sure what is causing this to happen I’ve also just took of the carb inspected the float needle clean and I cleaned it anyway and cleaned where the float needle goes then I adjusted the float more so less gas goes to the bowl still having the same problem here is a video of what is happening drz problems - Google Drive

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say it's way too rich at idle , when you let the fuel level go down , it's leaner than when the bowl is full. Is this carb new to you ?
Yea new to me but has been on the bike for a while I bought it with the carb it ran fine till I changed the tank I did fix a couple of vacuum leaks too but yea when I turn the gas on it just floods the bike

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's adjustable and there are also different rods available. See what Lectrons recommends for a start , then see what you've got in it now. Be forwarned , you'll never be able to get the Lectron perfect bottom to top at the same time , it was originally designed for two strokes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's adjustable and there are also different rods available. See what Lectrons recommends for a start , then see what you've got in it now. Be forwarned , you'll never be able to get the Lectron perfect bottom to top at the same time , it was originally designed for two strokes.
So I just ordered a fcr mx39mm carb I’m done with this pos lectron carb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts