SuperMoto Junkie banner

06,07,08 Berg 650 differences.

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  zootscootz 
#1 ·
what the difference between the 06 650 berg and 07 650 and 08 650?

#8 ·
2006 frame part #: 5910632-001
2007 frame part #: 5910632-001

2006 top triple clamp part #: 5910027-001
2007 top triple clamp part #: 5910027-001

2006 bottom triple clamp part #: 5910022-001
2007 bottom triple clamp part #: 5910022-001

The 2006 and 2007 frame and triple clamps are identical.

#9 ·
Difference info

Hey Guys

I have been on the phone with many dealers and heard various things.
I have also been in direct contact with Husaberg.Waiting for them to get back with me..
I found this info at www.motoxotica.com. I am not affiliated with them but the info is something that I think this thread could use....
Lots of BS out there.
I will keep digging and hope some others take some time to Chime in.
Husaberg's website is not so helpful with past models that I can find.

Future Berger
Tod Wilson

Frame: Re-worked frame-welding jig used for all 2007 models and improved attachment points for better clearance.

Triple Clamps: Exclusive CNC machined triple clamps on all 2007 models.

Front Forks: New 12mm coated aluminum piston rod replaces 14mm steel unit. Also new updated suspension settings, less friction and weight on all models.

Rear Shock: New pre-load adjuster, new updated settings and spring color.

Graphics: A more distinctive look between the Super Moto and Enduro models. Enduro models will have a "Works" racing appearance.

Front Brake: Super Moto models will receive a new master cylinder with better adjustability.

Crankshaft: Closer tolerances for improved service life on all models.

Crankcase: All 550cc models will have a new type of crankcase featuring better reinforcement around the main bearing areas.

Counter Balancer: All 2008 models get a new type of counter balancer, consisting of a one-piece unit and new type of bearing for longer life. Water pump also receives a new type of seal for better sealing.

Gearbox: All 2008 models get a new high collar stop-discs to make the gearbox more durable against hard force shifting.

#11 ·
You can also get much of the info on Husabergs website.
You can also download the repair manual from them.
Takes a while to read the thing and find the differences but I figure while I am searching for a bike I should do my home work.
Mom always said I was a pretty fart smeller.
TW

#13 ·
The 05 thru 08 models are very much basically the same bike with the exceptions being those listed in a previous post.

I think you can be comfortable buying any 05 or newer model and be very happy with the results.

If needed maybe update the older counter-balancer with a newer one but that's about it.

#14 ·
Thanks for the info.
A search for "husaberg counter-balancer issues" only turned up your post when your engine went boom. 7000 miles on a race engine before any issues is very impressive though.

From what I was able to find the " counter-balancer " does occasionally let go but it's not all that common.

thanks
Gary

#17 ·
Zootscootz,don't let the potential mainbearing issues put you off buying a Berg. The black one you were considering buying on this site is the business especially after you factor in price of the Akro on that bike. If I were living in the States I would buy that bike no questions asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.