SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
This is first time to post here SMJ.

I just picked up a 2005 KTM 625 SMC from the local shop. This is my first KTM and don't have the owner's manual. The problem i have on my 625 smc is the speedo gauge. It does have orange back light but the digital numbers are really hard to see. (almost impossible to read the number) I thought it's because the battery is running out so i replaced with the new one but still the problem exists. (i couldn't find the CR2430 battery so i put CR2450 instead and it fit)

Do i need to replace the speedo with new one? or is there any way to solve the problem? I hope someone can help on this.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is a common complaint with the stock gauge. The only thing to do is upgrade to a trail tech unit. Atleast then you can get engine temp and tachometer. I got the vapor unit and love it. Only thing it doesn't have is 2 trips.
http://trailtech.net/computers.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info! I will look into the link that you gave me. I tried to buy a brand new OEM speedo for replacement but it was $229!! very expensive....:headscrat

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm with ya.
Just picked up an 05 SMC and can't see the tiny speedo in bright sunlight at all.

Can't figure out why KTM the ditched the perfectly good 2004 SMC unit, it worked great day and night.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good call Yogurt.
Ordered the Trail tech Vapor unit today. looked at some Koso gauges and whatnot but Trail tech looks like it's got everything I need.
Cost less than $100 shipped with the inline coolant temp splice, tach wire, etc.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cool.Looks like it belongs there.
I was hoping to find a speedo like the one on my 04 SMC but even used they cost twice as much as the Trail tech unit was brand new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
question about trail tech vapor help!

hello
i am about to purchase a used 2006 ktm 625 smc bikes very clean and (kept up) but currently has a trail tech vapor speedo owner says it has around 6k miles on it but the vapor reads 581 is there any way to tell how many (actual) miles are on the bike ?:hmmm:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trade??

Thx for the replies

Anyone have a supermoto in the Tampa Florida area 400cc and up they would be willing to trade for an 06 Yamaha fz6 pics and specs upon request thx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts