SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work forces sale of my non-street legal 2005 KTM 525 SMR, which has been higly modified. Clean title, race ready, and a true head turner. Sick to let it go, but willing if I can get the price I'm asking for it: low-ballers need not inquire, my price is reasonably firm. If I can't sell bike, will part out this winter. Here are the specs:

1. 540 Kit installed
2. Hot Cam installed: cam plus the 540 kit woke up the 525 in a serious way. Very, very fast.
3. KTM Hard Parts Electric Starter Kit installed: battery professionally installed in air box. Very trick set up.
4. Lightweight Marchesini black supermoto rims front and rear. Front is a 16.5 inch rim, rear is a 6 inch wide rear. Nearly new Dunlop slicks on both.
5. Dirt Tricks adjustable triple clamps, which range from 14mm to 20mm offsets. The lightweight wheels plus the triple clamps make the bike turn like no other.
6. Leo Vince full SBK exhaust, and the exhaust can is brand-new, never been used.
7. Slipper Clutch (I do not recall which aftermarket brand I have in it: bought the bike with the slipper in it, and it works flawlessly, so I've never had to play with the clutch. But it is aftermarket and continues to work perfectly.)
8. KTM Hard Parts orange side cover with removable black clutch cover. (Not cheap)
9. Beringer Front Brake Caliper
10. KTM Hard Parts Wave Rotors, front and rear
11. KTM Supersprox Orange/Black rear sprocket
12. Regina Chain
13. Acerbis Orange/Black Plastic Kit w/ Custom Graphics. Also, Acerbis barkbusters.
14. Dual catch cans (one for case breather up front - see pics, and a second in front of swing arm for carb vents)
15. Holeshot device installed
16. One Industries Technoflex seat cover
17. Safety wired
18. SME sliders on front and rear axles
19. IMS footpegs
20. Braided brake lines, front and rear
21. Forks and shock are stock, but have been serviced and revalved. Tried different suspension set ups: liked these the best, surprisingly. Set up was mostly for pavement, less for dirt sections - since there are times we don't even run dirt sections (rain).

$5499 is my asking price, though I have almost twice that into the bike. I have spared no expense in making this bike fast, fun, and purdy. In addition, it is clean, clean, clean.

I am located in a suburb of Seattle, WA and my zip code is 98072. I am hoping for a local sale, as I simply don't have the time to do the whole shipping thing - but will consider if sale depends on it and I have no other options. [No, shipping is not included in the asking price, so please don't ask.]

Due to my work schedule, if you are interested, the best way to inquire about the bike is actually NOT to post here. INSTEAD, email me at [email protected] for the fastest response. Or, you can reach me on my cell phone at 206-715-4161. [Please do not ask if I will part out either, since parting out is my last resort.]

And now a few pics...

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Sweet! :thumbup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chase. Sick about having to let it go, but it is what it is. Can't play as much as I used to, so now the two-wheeled toys need to find new owners...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts