SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas i am debating on a 05 drz with 11000 miles on it for $2900. My ?? is does anyone think this is a good deal? bike is completley stock looks in pretty decent cosmetic shape couple scratches and little bit of wear. looks like it has seen off road before cause the scratches look like brush scratches. should i wait for another deal or go for this one?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I just got an '05 with 18,000 miles but it has a big bore kit, fcr carb, 3x3 airbox, pro circuit pipe, zeta handguards w/ led's, upgraded seat, excel rims, and tag fat bars and I only paid $2700. It isn't a bad deal but for a few hundred more you could get a newer bike with better mods IMO.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
did they change much in design from 05 ? like the rims forks brakes ect..?
Nope, graphics and that's it since '05 for the SM.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmmm... still dont know if i should wait or just get this one. before ttl its going to be like 2750. :hmmm:

·
Registered
116 Posts
i just got an 09 3200 miles on it full yoshi, fcr 39 carb, hand guards, fender eliminator tail light for $3400. imho i'd keep looking...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i passed on that one.... i want one that has mods already too where are you guys finding these deals at iv been looking for 3 months and havnt found one like that.

And i think the wheel brands are different after 06 model but everything else looks the same.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Didn't later DRZ's have Excel SM rims? Or am i making that up? :headscrat
Nope...they all have them. 05 and 06 are identical except 06 has clear turn signals and different graphics. 07 and newer have fat bars and cheesy axle sliders also. Other than that, they are all the same bike.

·
Registered
763 Posts
if you have been looking for 3 months and want a bike you should have grabbed that one. most guys like to do there own mods. it all depends on where you live for a price.. prices vary from coast to coast. they only lose so much value....

·
Registered
130 Posts
when I was in the market I almost picked up a new one for 5800 that is until I found the same year 09 for 4500 with mods so if you look it will happen.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you have been looking for 3 months and want a bike you should have grabbed that one. most guys like to do there own mods. it all depends on where you live for a price.. prices vary from coast to coast. they only lose so much value....
not in a hurry i just want a good one owner bike that hasnt been ragged out with a few basic mods like the fender kit and maybe a slipon.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You are looking to buy the wrong type of bike if you want one that hasn't been ragged out yet unless you are looking to buy new. Ragging them out is what they are intended for :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah but there is two kinds of ragged out.. my 03 600rr cbr is ragged out but i take really good care of it so you would never be able to tell even though iv put 35000 miles on it two trackday low sides and one high side and it still runs perfect mechanically. My buddies r6 rides like poo and it has 6000 miles on it cause hes done a bunch of burn outs and drops the bike in first after reving the engine like an idiot. i would hate to be the guy to buy that bike off him and end up paying out the ass to replace a clutch after a month or so. plus he neglected simple things like lubing the chain. thats what i mean by ragged out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I hear you. I have close to 45,000 on my SV and it is banged up and dirty as heck but mechanically it has always been well taken care of. It has a number of track days on it as well. Things like chain and sprockets are wear items as well as tires so if I get a good deal on a bike that needs that kind of stuff done I don't really factor it into the cost of the bike. Keep your eyes open and you will find the right deal. The DRZ-SM's are not selling very well on ebay at all. You might consider getting one there and paying 2-300 to have it shipped.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts