SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to say it, but I guess the time has come to part ways. If you are looking at this you already know these are awesome bikes. I've had the bike for about 9 months now and I bought it from the original owner. The bike has been well cared for and all maintenance kept up. Bike has ~9,500 miles on it. Valves checked around 400 miles ago. Currently has the slick rear tire but I have a brand new (never mounted) pilot power that will go with the bike. The previous owner did the common smc upgrades such as JD jet kit, no coal canister, removed throttle stop, ktm air box. I did the rear blinker mod to the bike because personally it looks 20 times better without those big signals. I also put dual star mirrors on it and shortened the exhaust cans by 5" (also a personal preference, but I think it looks much better like this). That's all the mods I can think of off hand. The bike will also come with the rear rack and case that mounts on it.

Lately I have been kick starting it because the e-start makes a click when hit. The starter works when power is run straight to it so I'm guessing the relay to the starter has messed up.
This does not affect the performance of the bike, and frankly, it looks cooler when you kick start a motard anyways, hence why I never took the time to investigate or fix the e-start problem.

The bike is located in Bristol, TN and I am asking $5300.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, forgot some key words.
Never been raced, never on the track, never been down (has experienced some pretty good wheelies though). : )

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't suppose you could post a breif tutorial on shortening the exhausts, could you? Or, point me to a thread where this has already been done? Is it obnoxiously louder with the shortened exhaust/

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
man... too far from me... 9+hr drive...

Awesome looking bike. Good luck with the sale... bump for a sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Damn, I lika datta bika!

I've got a HD heritage to sell first, then I'm on the market. If it was gone, I'd being handing you some cash...you don't want a harley do ya?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha sorry but that's about the last thing I would trade for. cash is nice though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a friend with a crf 450 sumo had it and he couldn't get it to clear his chain because it's a 160 so he gave it to me. no need in passing up a free tire, have just been saving the pilot power till the slick wears down some

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wouldn't know. bike weighs 320 and shipped from 37620 if that helps you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what can't you make up your mind on, a 625 or this bike in particular?

·
Registered
135 Posts
A little of both.625 is a bruiser maybe a lil more than I can chew(maybe just right),and the mileage(price) is a lil more than what im lookin for too. Been tryin to decide for a month,you guys have some killah rides in here,its not easy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yakker, that's understandable. you are welcome to come and look at the bike sometime.
ONLY possible trades would be '04+ naked sv650.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts