SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So after posting in the Chat section, wondering if i should get a SuMo which is already set up (Such as a Husky 510, Aprilia SXV, KTM 690 etc.) or convert the little EXC to SM, the majority said to just convert the EXC.

Now, i've been looking through a few sites for information on the swap. Different wheels and prices and what not, but nothing i would really find conclusive. The bike will be moved mostly on the road, with the occasional track session, so super high-end equipment is not really a must at this point. Maybe later on :headscrat .

I've been looking at the Motostrano Basic kit (Warp 9 wheels and everything else one would need), also browsing the used section, but damn SM wheels seem to be more rare than diamonds in the states :headshake .

Now, the actual question, do you guys recommend any kit or combo in particular? What did you slap on your bike? What would you use again, and what is crap?

I greatly appreciate the knowledge of the Forum!

And just a quick pic from the last short ride on the 450.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can get original ktm's if you want. Don't know about pricing, but they seem pretty popular option here, especially if you want (and you do with rfs) a cush hub for the rear.

For example

58409001644 SUPERMOTO WHEELS (SILVER) $471.69 front
58410001444 SUPERMOTO WHEELS (SILVER) $480.59 rear

Sorry don't know part numbers for black ones (don't trust me on those silver ones either, I just picked them from ktmworld, 640sm wheels, they fit but early years have smaller front axle), sometimes it feels like the most difficult thing about operating a ktm is finding the right part numbers because you can buy almost anything through them and often it's even cheaper than after market parts, even when they actually are the same part :hmmm:

e: here you go http://www.ktmworld.com/ktm_oem_parts_schematic.asp?schematicId=67369&itemNumber=5840900164430

You'll need a sprocket support thingy and damping rubbers for the rear too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts