SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 SMC. I'm wanna get this orange wave rotor but everywhere i see it online it says cannot fit stock caliper set up. But i found this pic of a SMC with it. Does any one know if it works or what the caliper set up is to make it work?

·
Registered
453 Posts
i think it says that it doesn't work with 2pot calipers. it should bolt right up with you 4pot stock caliper.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
best deal i've seen on it is to buy it through ktmtalk with your 15% disc.
So i found it on KTM-parts.com. With the member login discount and the SMJ discount code it works out to be $202 after shipping. Not to shabby i think. I sure hope this bolts right up. Now i just gotta figure out how to put it on....?

·
Registered
453 Posts
it will work. the only issue you will have is getting the speedo magnet back on and working with the pick up sensor.

·
Registered
542 Posts
it will work. the only issue you will have is getting the speedo magnet back on and working with the pick up sensor.
easy fix!!!!:bike:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Care to elaborate on that easy fix?? Also injunman, got any close up pics of your EXC mask install to your 625? Your post from earlier has missing pics.
here's some pict's for "L2r",

i used an ol bicycle computer magnet that was an extra lying around, put double-sided sticky tape on one side, trimmed the tape, and adj. the computer sensor and was all done!!!! it's been maintenance-free for about 20months.

and there's the p/n for the rotor.

with the exc light.,and license mount with factory light on the back-side of the airbox.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the wave rotor. Thanks for the insight for the magnet. Are those Akra's straight pipes? The must be friggen LOUD! That is one sick set up you got there injunman. I'll post pics of my murdered out 625 once i get it outta the shop and all my new parts come in. Like they say, Once you go black you'll never go back! I'm lookin for a stock header set if you got yours lying around???

·
Registered
542 Posts
thanks, L2r, the akra's are straight thru, not loud, but nice deep tone!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
here's another shot of the cans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts